If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corvalen as a dietary supplement for HCM

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvalen as a dietary supplement for HCM

[Corvalen as a dietary supplement for HCM]

Author: Mary S. (---.net252.fl.sprint-hsd.net)

Date: 11-29-02 18:54

Hi all! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! It sure was busy at the Mouse but they did serve great food! Anyhow does anyone know anything about the dietary supplement called Corvalen. It is supposed to increase ribose output for use in imporving the cardiac muscle especially after an event of ischemia. My cardiac rehab nurse said it worked great for MI patients but did not know how it would work for me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I also have some good news my new medicine is working fantastic! I got off my restrictions from work last Thursday and have been feeling great! I actually did cardiac rehab, 45 hours of work, plus a 14 hour clinical for the fire department! I actually still feel great! It was only six month ago that I had the hardest time completing a six hour day much less work and school full time.

Speaking of making it through tough times around the holidays it is normally really hard on me. I have no family down here in Florida (I do have biological creaters but they could care less) and very little family in Arkansas. I had just as soon work overtime than go home to an empty house but my friends really pulled me through this year. I did have a teacher who is now a dear friend of mine give me one rule to live by when things got tough. He said " live your life one day at a time.If you feel like you won't make it through that day, Live for the hour, If even that seems too much, Go for the next minute. and one day it will get better" He promised me that over six years ago and I have been through many trials and tribulations but I am happy to say that I am still here. And I have alot of people to thank for that and I do thank God everyday for them.

Lisa I do have a question for you! Would you guys have any use for comp tickets to Disney World. If you do I will probably have quite a few tickets at the end of this year for my singing in the Candle Light Processional. Let me know and I will get them to you! Sorry the post is so long!

Mary S.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Corvalen as a dietary supplement for HCM]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-30-02 10:37

Mary... Next year you are welcome to join me in NJ for Thanksgiving ( I really really mean that)!

Yes the tickets can be used as a fundraiser...I have some from one of the other Mousers... I am going to offer to the highest bidder... I also have some travel agent friends who can get donations for them...so yes it would help!

Thanks for thinking of the HCMA!

Lisa

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-30-02 10:41

Opps I did not answer the ? re the suppliment...because I do not know..Sarah...can you look it up and I will do some asking around too.

Lisa

Author: Sarah B. -Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 11-30-02 13:25

"Bioenergy, Inc., a Minnesota based company, provides CORvalen products which are medical foods composed of: D-ribose, L-arginine, dextrose, folic acid, L-glutamine, vitamins C, B6, and B12. CORvalen products are administered twice a day (AM and PM), just before meals." from their web site.

Ribose is kind of sugar too. I don't know anything about this stuff but I'll look into it as soon as I can. They are painting my place on Monday so I'm kinda swamped.

S

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 12-02-02 07:09

My preliminary research indicates that this is a fancy version of D-Ribose which is basically a form of sugar. D-Ribose and Creatine are often taken together as a supplement by athletes. As with any herb or supplement, check with your doctor before trying it.

S
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X