If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transplant news.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transplant news.

[transplant news.]

Author: Midge Rollins (---.nas7.cedar-rapids1.ia.us.da.qwest.ne)

Date: 11-27-02 09:15

Lisa, I am back from Mayo. Yes, I do need a heart transplant. I am officially on the list. Unfortunately before that time they will need to remove part of my colon as it is infected with diverticuli and cannot take a chance that it will flare up after transplant. If it would I would not be able to fight off the infection. Testing was very intense. They know more about me than I thought possible. I do not want to scare people not everyone with HCM goes into this stage. I was diagnosed 30 years ago and feel fortunate to have led a pretty good life. I could receive a heart as soon as 6 mos or as long as 3 years. It is a waiting game. I feel very confident in the transplant team there. If I worsen then of course I go to top of list. Met another gal who has dialated cardiomyopathy and is my age 56 and she is going through same thing. As with this board it helps to have a support group. Thank you all for notes, prayers and for this board. Happy Thanksgiving. Midge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: transplant news.]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-27-02 09:17

Dear Midge,

I'm sorry you need a new heart, but you have a great attitude and a great medical team on your side --not to mention US!!

Take very good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Sarah

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 11-27-02 09:55

Dear Midge, I am praying for you! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! ~Erica

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-27-02 10:03

Midge,

I am glad your in good hands and that you feel that you are in the right place. Sorry to hear about the diverticulitous, I have family who also have that and I know it can be very uncomfortable.

We are all here for you as you head towards your next step in a long journey... there are a few other transplantees here or soon to be's. I am sure you will all find each other and provide support along the way.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Author: Glen (65.247.42.---)

Date: 11-28-02 05:07

Dear Midge, you certainly have a lot on your plate.

Your attitude seems very good, so keep up the good fight and good luck.

Keep us up to date.

Glen

Author: robert pensack (---.n-sfpop03.stsn.com)

Date: 11-30-02 06:54

Dear Midge,

I am now 10 years out from my heart transplant. I am doing extremely well after a long battle. My brother who alsosuffered from HCM since age 14 also has a cardiac trnsplant. He is now out 12 years and his heart is alsodoing well. Feel free to email me. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Sincerely, Bob Pensack, MD
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X