[transplant news.]

Author: Midge Rollins (---.nas7.cedar-rapids1.ia.us.da.qwest.ne)

Date: 11-27-02 09:15

Lisa, I am back from Mayo. Yes, I do need a heart transplant. I am officially on the list. Unfortunately before that time they will need to remove part of my colon as it is infected with diverticuli and cannot take a chance that it will flare up after transplant. If it would I would not be able to fight off the infection. Testing was very intense. They know more about me than I thought possible. I do not want to scare people not everyone with HCM goes into this stage. I was diagnosed 30 years ago and feel fortunate to have led a pretty good life. I could receive a heart as soon as 6 mos or as long as 3 years. It is a waiting game. I feel very confident in the transplant team there. If I worsen then of course I go to top of list. Met another gal who has dialated cardiomyopathy and is my age 56 and she is going through same thing. As with this board it helps to have a support group. Thank you all for notes, prayers and for this board. Happy Thanksgiving. Midge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: transplant news.]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-27-02 09:17

Dear Midge,

I'm sorry you need a new heart, but you have a great attitude and a great medical team on your side --not to mention US!!

Take very good care of yourself and keep us posted.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Sarah

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 11-27-02 09:55

Dear Midge, I am praying for you! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! ~Erica

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-27-02 10:03

Midge,

I am glad your in good hands and that you feel that you are in the right place. Sorry to hear about the diverticulitous, I have family who also have that and I know it can be very uncomfortable.

We are all here for you as you head towards your next step in a long journey... there are a few other transplantees here or soon to be's. I am sure you will all find each other and provide support along the way.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Author: Glen (65.247.42.---)

Date: 11-28-02 05:07

Dear Midge, you certainly have a lot on your plate.

Your attitude seems very good, so keep up the good fight and good luck.

Keep us up to date.

Glen

Author: robert pensack (---.n-sfpop03.stsn.com)

Date: 11-30-02 06:54

Dear Midge,

I am now 10 years out from my heart transplant. I am doing extremely well after a long battle. My brother who alsosuffered from HCM since age 14 also has a cardiac trnsplant. He is now out 12 years and his heart is alsodoing well. Feel free to email me. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Sincerely, Bob Pensack, MD