If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Holiday and Positive news!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holiday and Positive news!

[Happy Holiday and Positive news!]

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 11-27-02 06:27

I thought I would start a new post for good news! With the holiday season approaching, we could all use a smile : )

My good news ... I stopped smoking (cold turkey) on 11/7 -- 5 days prior to my father's ablation! I kind of made a deal with God that I would stop smoking if he watched over my Dad during surgery! We both pulled our ends of the bargain! I asked Him to fill me with His love when I felt the urge to smoke and He has done so each time! Tomorrow will be three weeks without any form of nicotine! God is an awesome God! Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs ~ Erica

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Happy Holiday and Positive news!]

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-27-02 06:35

Dear Erica,

Good for you! Happy Thanksgiving and keep up the good "work"!

Sarah

Author: Leon Miller (---.telocity.com)

Date: 11-27-02 06:48

Erica this is great news! I am happy for you.

Peace,

Leon

Author: Amanda (---.dsl.dytnoh.ameritech.net)

Date: 11-27-02 09:20

erica that is great news, congrads. happy thanksgiving

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-27-02 10:08

I know it is gonna be hard Erica...but stick with it and congratulations! Hey we never talked yet! call me over the weekend!

Give my best to your family!

Lisa

Author: Julie Petitpas (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-28-02 04:42

Erica, Congratulations on your Father's successful surgery. Glad to know God was listening. Happy Holidays to you!

Julie P.

Author: connie (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 12-01-02 16:18

Hi Erica...........As one Quitter to another ..I AM SO PROUD OF YOU !!!! Keep your chin up...it DOES get easier. My Husband and I quit March 18th 2002. Im still making plans for the Ablation in Jan. 2003. How Is your father doing??? Good luck!!!..........Connie

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 12-02-02 06:35

Hi Connie! I am so happy to share with you that my father is doing WONDERFUL! I can't believe I have my father back! He had the worst quality of life prior to his ablation! And 'worst' is an understatement! Now dad is back to his old self if not better! His outlook on life is so amazing! He appreciates things he didn't in the past! And this is only the emotional/mental change! Since the procedure on 11/12/2002, Dad has NOT experienced any of the following: shortness of breath, angina, fatigue, he doesn't need to take daily naps, he can walk again (walked over a mile and a 1/2 the other day around their lake without stopping ... this is something he hasn't been able to do without taking numerous breaks!), he has lost a good 10 lbs because he is active again ... all of his HOCM symptoms are practically gone! He isn’t cured but his quality of life has improved and that is all he was looking for out of the ASA (alcohol septal ablation.) As for his ICD ... you can tell that he is no longer afraid of SCD (he never expressed this fear to us but it is clearer than day that all fears have been removed since it was implanted!) Needless to say ... Dad's quality of life has improved drastically! Oh, lastly, there were no complications from the ICD implant! It healed beautiful and you can't even tell there is anything beneath his scar. The MUSC did a WONDERFUL job with my father! If you ask Dad what his one and only complaint was ... he will tell you the food! : )

He would be glad to speak with you personally if you have any questions! I can provide you with his contact information in an email if this is something you would like! He will only have positive things to share with you about the procedure!

Thanks and BIG SMILES : )

~ Erica Stolzenberg

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 12-02-02 12:03

I'm so glad for your Dad and whole family. I know what those emotional roller coaster rides are like - they sneak up on you. It's not just the uncertainty of the treatment, it's getting things ready at home so you can leave for how many days and travel how many miles. You don't realize how things are piling up on you. So glad you had each other to lean on and moving forward together now. It's esp nice that you continue to share the wonderful news with all. Linda
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X