If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you


No announcement yet.

I need advice


About the Author


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I need advice

    [I need advice]

    Author: Kathleen (---.proxy.aol.com)

    Date: 11-24-02 22:18

    I have been reading the posts about HCM specialists. Our son Patrick who died last November 12th from HCM had a septum larger than 3.0 and suffered from severe headaches. Our son's pediatric cardiologist at the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center always told us "there is no change". I have a sixteen year old daughter and I am concerned about her. Frankly, I do not trust the hospital's ultra sound diagnosis of our daughter's heart. I want to contact the Cleveland Clinic to get a second opinion. We have been told that our daughter does not have HCM but I do not trust the opinion of that hospital anymore. I feel that I let my son down by not protecting his rights. Can anyone advise me of who to contact at the Cleveland clinic? and what is the usual procedure? Who are the good HCM specialists?


    [Re: I need advice]

    Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

    Date: 11-25-02 06:18

    Dear Kathleen,

    The HCMA likes to talk with you one-on-one to help you find the specialist that will suit your needs best. Please call the office at 973-983-7429 and Lisa can go over the specialists with you. Mayo, Minneapolis Heart, Tufts-NEMC, St. Lukes NY, and Cleveland are the major centers.

    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays