If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what Sarah and Linda did;-)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what Sarah and Linda did;-)

[Look what Sarah and Linda did]

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-22-02 14:46

I want everyone to know what a sweet and beautiful gift I received from Sarah and Linda while in Chicago.

As many of you know butterflies are very special to my family and me as they remind us of Lori. I guess at some point I must have mentioned to Sarah and Linda that Lori's favorite color was green. Well in the middle of the craziness of AHA Sarah and Linda hand me a lovely box (with butterfly wrapping paper). When I opened it.. I was in a bit of shock... in the box was a Daniel Swarovski two-tone green crystal butterfly pin.

The amount of thought and caring that went into this gift was a bit overwhelming. I may have expected a butterfly...but a green one and in just the right shade of green and such an artfully crafted piece, well it was wonderful. This is a piece of jewelry that will always have tremendous meaning to me.

So THANK YOU both for thinking of me and that you for remembering Lori in all of this... She is really the reason we are all here.

BIG hugs!

Love,

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Look what Sarah and Linda did]

Author: Board Moderator (Sarah Beckley (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 11-22-02 18:08

Dear Lisa,

You do so much for so many, Linda and I wanted to give you a little something to know that everyone knows how much you care. So I'm very glad that you like the butterfly. I know that you wear a small green enamel butterfly that is very, very important to you and I wanted you to have another green butterfly --one that would look great with evening wear or you could wear if you didn't want to risk the special pin --sort of a backup butterfly.

Sarah

PS I have a link to a picture of the pin, but it includes the price. So either you can e-mail me and ask to see it or I can post the link here and Lisa swears not to look at it. Let me know what I should do.

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-23-02 10:58

Lisa, you deserve the best.

Reenie

Author: Kay (204.184.29.---)

Date: 11-25-02 10:42

Lisa, what's the relations of butterflies and your sister? I ask because ever since Derek's death his mom has seen several butterflies recently (out of season) and swears the are a sign from Derek. Just Curious. Thanks,

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-25-02 11:36

Dear Kay,

Lisa's sister Lori loved butterflies --she had them everywhere. So they are the HCMA mascot (if I can use that word).

S

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-25-02 12:48

We like to think of butterflies as the HCMA symbol of Hope. Lori leaves that inspiration with us. You may occaisionally see flying pigs put in an appearance. They are a reminder of our hopes for research. Linda

Author: Lynn Perry (---.pica.army.mil)

Date: 11-26-02 07:40

A little more explanation from "the other" sister. After Lori died and we started packing up her things we realized how many butterflies she had around the house. None of us ever realized that Lori was so into butterflies. Not even sure if she realized it? We all started to think about Lori whenever we saw butterflies flying around.

Lori had plans to take her kids on a vacation to Cape Cod the summer she died. The following summer Lisa and I (and our husbands) took the kids on the vacation to Cape Cod that Lori wanted them to have. We rented a house for the week. When we walked into the house there was a live butterfly hanging out in the living room. Lori was with us for the vacation!!

Lynn

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-27-02 10:17

Lynn thanks for telling the rest of the story. When Stacey and I first walked into the house the butterfly just about dive bombed us! then it took its place in the livingroom and watched us for the entire week.... I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it... not sad ones, it was really nice.

I have also thought of a different meaning for the butterflies... Butterflies live short but beautiful lives and they bring a smile to anyones face...just like Lori.

To the rest :

I know that on this board a great deal of attention is given to Lori, and rightfully so, however I hope you all remember that I am one of 4 kids Larry, Lori, Lynn and Lisa..yeh my parents had that L thing going on! So if I am talking about my sister it is not always Lori...I do HAVE 2 sisters, one here and one in heaven.

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X