If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven's Surgery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steven's Surgery

[Steven's Surgery]

Author: Joy Stoops (---.25.236.81.Dial1.LasVegas1.Level3.net)

Date: 11-20-02 11:56

Hi Everyone

Just an update, since it's been about a month since I wrote last. My 9 year old is scheduled for surgery on December 3rd. He is having a myectomy done and the ICD implanted here at the Children's Hospital.

He is taking the whole the thing great. He has such a great personality and the surgeon has been wonderful with him.

Keep him in your prayers and I will let you all know how he does after surgery.

Joy Stoops, son Steven 9 HCM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: Steven's Surgery]

Author: Lisa Salberg (167.165.39.---)

Date: 11-20-02 17:47

Hi Joy,

I am glad things are going well! It is much easier when the attitude is in the right place. Keep us up on the progress and if you need anything let us know.

BIG hug to Steven!!

Lisa

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 11-21-02 03:49

Hi Joy,

Many prayers to Steven for a successful surgery and quick, uncomplicated recovery!

Dolly

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-21-02 09:22

Joy, I'm so glad you have time to plan and prepare for this surgery. It will hopefully make things flow more smoothly. We didn't have a lot of time to plan for my son's surgery and it was a plane flight away. Thank goodness for Ronald McDonald Houses and the wonderful, kind and generous people in this world. The things you are least expecting are the ones the ones that really throw you a curve. That low salt diet after surgery was a shock for us. No one had mentioned that preop, but there it was! Ask about special food needs after surgery. We were always told to salt-load and then found that there is an adjustment period after surgery where even we needed to be careful about salt for a wk or so. Hard to do that away from home if you don't have a kitchen. That was the big thing we had no idea about and were fortunate to be able to work out at the last minute, just because we were in the Ronald McDonald House. Best wishes, we'll be thinking of you, praying for you all. Linda

Author: Erica (---.atlnga1.dsl-verizon.net)

Date: 11-21-02 13:44

Joy ... your son Steven, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X