If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Lisa, Sarah, Linda, and all.....

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Lisa, Sarah, Linda, and all.....

[To Lisa, Sarah, Linda, and all.....]

Author: Reenie Smith (---.snbrca.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-20-02 08:33

I would like to publicly thank all of you who do so much research to better understand HCM and all that it entails. I understand that we are all very different and that HCM affects each individual and his/her family a little differently. It's people like you who take the time and go to the effort to help others who make it much more bearable for the rest of us. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. (No pun intended, but you can take it that way if you want.)

Reenie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: To Lisa, Sarah, Linda, and all.....]

Author: Lisa Salberg (167.165.39.---)

Date: 11-20-02 17:36

Reenie... I am here with Linda...a bit tired but still awake! Thank YOU for the kind words. Our work is important not only for ourselves and families but for our extended HCM family. When we attend these sessions we get so much information and we get to take time with the researchers who work so hard to help us improve our lives...we get to thank them...and then make suggestions as to what we are hearing from all of YOU... and send them back to work thinking of all these items.

each year we learn more and more and then find more and more we need to know. We are getting there slowly and I have learned one important lesson in my years of work with the HCMA, SLOW is the way to go with this type of research. When things start moving too fast mistakes are made and people are hurt. So we must be patient and careful and have faith in our quality reasearchers. My thanks to Dr. Maron, Lever, Ackerman, Sherrid, Ho, Udleson, Siedman, Seggewiss and the rest of those wonderful HCM researchers!! YOU all are helping us more then you know!

Thank you to the wonderful docs and nurses and techs that vistited the HCMA's booth.

All the best!

Lisa (and Linda)

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-21-02 07:35

Dear Reenie,

Thank you from the bottom of MY heart....

I told Linda a couple days ago that I do what I do because if sharing my experiences and information with others helps them get through this better, then I'm fulfilling my responsiblities as a human being. And being told that I've made a difference in someone's life (a good difference) is one of life's greatest rewards.

Thanks,

Sarah

Author: Erica (---.biz.dsl.gtei.net)

Date: 11-21-02 08:03

Ditto. I am thankful as well. My family has undergone some stress over the past few months in trying to learn as much as possible in a short period of time -- (felt like we were cramming for an HCM test!) and you, Lisa, the board and fellow HCMers have all been supportive with open arms and tons of advice! I don't know how we would have gotten this far without your hard work/dedication and support! My posts have not been easy to reply to ... they were written with stress, fear, anxiety and the such ... but you have all managed to calm me down ... provide me with logical and sound information and needless to say ... I will forever be THANKFUL to you all.

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-21-02 09:42

Thank you to all for your kind words and encouragement. It is such a pleasure to work with Lisa and Sarah, and an honor to have the privilege to meet so many who are working to improve options for those affected not only with HCM, but other medical/heart conditions as well. It's been a busy and exhausting week, but most productive. Linda
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X