If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Heart Association Meeting

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Heart Association Meeting

[American Heart Association Meeting]

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-13-02 14:50

November 15-21 Linda Price, Sarah Beckley and I will be at the AHA meeting in Chicago...spreading the word about HCM!

For those medical prof. who will be attending we will be at booth 114.

For those local Chicago folks we will be staying at the Hyatt -McCormick Place If anyone want to get together just to say HI ...leave a message at the hotel and we will try to get together!

All the best!

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: American Heart Association Meeting]

Author: Larry (216.44.68.---)

Date: 11-13-02 12:35

Could you bring back some heart-healthy bratwursts for your favorite brother?

Author: terri (---.tribune.com)

Date: 11-13-02 12:40

For those of us in Chicago, is there anything on the schedule of interest to us?

Terri

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-13-02 12:44

Dear Larry,

Here in Chi-town, we eat "Polish" --not bratwurst. You get a real Polish down on Maxwell Street smothered in grilled onions. Won't mail really well, nor travel.

We can, however, ship (baked halfway and then frozen) real Chicago stuffed pizza.

Another "good thing" are the Frango mints from Marshall Field's. Those are famous.

Wow. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

later,

S

Author: Sarah B. -Board Moderator (---.client.attbi.com)

Date: 11-13-02 14:42

Dear Terri,

This meeting is for members of the American Heart Association (doctors, etc) and I don't think it is open to the public. The HCMA is there to disseminate information about HCM to the medical community and to see what those guys are up to!! ; )

S

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-14-02 04:15

If you wish to attend the AHA meeting the registration fee is steep for non members..something like $400.00 +...for members it is a few hundered also.

I will be attending all talks on HCM and repostring back anything "new" or any updates available... I am your eyes and ears...

Most of the meeting is not HCM related at all.

Best to all!

Lisa

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-14-02 06:23

I checked last night and it is $575 for nonmembers and 350 for nonmembers. There will be 3,700 papers presented there and probably only a handful will be relevant to HCM (or fewer).

S
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X