If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Honor of Travis

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE Find out more about HCMA FORUM ARCHIVE
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Honor of Travis

[In Honor of Travis]

Author: maura mendoza (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-13-02 09:07

Greeting to you all !

I have come to this board to share in times of sorrow, today I want to share some happiness. I was asked to attend Travis' Football Banquet for his league last night, when I recieved the invitation in the mail last week, I was wishy washy about attending. After 3 people contacting me yesterday I had to be there, I whipped up 100 pieces of fried chicken as I have done the last 3 yrs for the banquet and dressed my two boys in there semi-formal attire and headed to the banquet. It was hard seeing all his friends, there families and his coaches. They all welcomed us happy to see us, as we didnt attend the last 3 games, it was too painful at the time. I had no clue that his team had won the championship's !! This poor team had not won even a single game in the previous 2 seasons ! They Won for Travis !! They retired his number 50, dedicated there winning trophy ( a huge trophy ) enscribed w/ a plaque in Memory of travis. They presented me w/ his Trophy bearing his name, Named the sportsmanship award after Travis and gave our family the most beautiful picture of the team with travis solo picture taken at the Jamboree 4 day's before he passed in the upper right hand corner, they also gave us the football that was won with in the championship game. I opted to have the winning trophy and football placed in the sports display case at the Middle school . I was honored , and embraced in there love for my son, I was so lifted into a peace I havent felt since this tragic loss, some happy tears were lightly shed, and today I feel better than I have in almost 12 weeks. My son's were happy to be with Travs peers, and my son Michael will play for the team next year. I wanted to share this with you all ! The team will also be fundraising in memory of Travis having weekly bake sales at school to donate to HCMA. So I will be contributing the proceeds in June at the end of the school year. Thank you all for being here for me, I appreciate having a place to bring both my sadness and now a light of happiness, God Bless you all ! Maura

R.I.P Travis Mendoza 7-9-88 8-22-02 Victim to undetected HCM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Re: In Honor of Travis]

Author: Janis (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-13-02 09:51

God bless you Maura and your family, please know that our hearts ache with you .

All of you are in my prayers. Janis

Author: Leon Miller (---.cap.east.verizon.net)

Date: 11-13-02 10:00

Maura.

What a heartwarming story! Thanks for sharing it with us. Life can seem hopeless and cruel at times, but stories like this are good reminders of the power of love and kindness. May you find peace and comfort in the love shown you and your sons.

Peace,

Leon

Author: Jody Wogick Quinlan (---.syracuse-05-10rs.ny.dial-access.att.net)

Date: 11-13-02 10:24

I just want to Thank You for sharing your story. It was very nice of the school to find a way to remember your son Travis in years to come. I hope the team's funraiser will be very successful.

Travis and your family will always be in my heat forever.

Jody Wogick Quinlan

Author: Amy Williams (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-13-02 10:26

Maura,

I'm so happy that you are finding some comfort at such a difficult time. I think about you,Travis and your family often.

Best Wishes,

Amy

Author: Sarah B. Board Moderator (12.144.99.---)

Date: 11-13-02 11:10

Dear Maura,

I'm going to have to stop moderating the board from work since I'm sitting at my open cube in tears.

I'm so glad that you were able to have this wonderful experience and to know how much Travis means to his friends --and I mean "means" because they will never forget him and will take his spirit with them in whatever path they take. He helped with that championship, didn't he?

big hugs,

Sarah

Author: Mary Catania (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-13-02 14:24

Dear Maura,

What a beautiful way for Travis' league to honor him! Thank you for sharing this emotional experience with us. My prayers are with you and your family.

Comfort & Peace,

Mary

Author: Lisa Salberg (208.47.172.---)

Date: 11-13-02 14:36

Maura,

I am in tears.. but happy ones. What a wonderful tribute to your son. Thanks you for thinking of the HCMA.

God Bless Travis...(and all his friends!)

Sincerely,

Lisa

Author: Linda, Bd of Directors (---.wmnsmd.adelphia.net)

Date: 11-13-02 15:03

This is such a beautiful tribute to your son. It speaks volumes about the life he lived and the friends he surrounded himself with. I am so glad you and your family were able to be a part of this ceremony that will no doubt help many of his friends through an ordeal they never imagined they'd have to face in their young lives. You and your family must feel a tremendous sense of pride, and I'm so pleased for the peace it is able to provide for you. Love gets us through. Linda

Author: Glen (65.247.42.---)

Date: 11-13-02 15:59

Dear Maura, Incredible story.

Good luck, stay well and God bless..

Glen

Author: Dolly (Andrew's mom) (---.pressenter.com)

Date: 11-13-02 14:50

What a wonderful, touching tribute to Travis and your family! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us!

God bless you all and may this wonderful show of love for your son bring you just a tiny bit of peace.

Dolly (Andrew's mom)

Author: maura mendoza (---.proxy.aol.com)

Date: 11-14-02 03:45

Thank you Everyone !

Yesterday was the first day I wasnt bombarded with sudden tears all through out the day, I realized I hadnt cried off and on all day long at the end of my day, as I was on my knee's praying w/ my boy's before they turned in for the night, It hit me what a good day I had emotionaly ! I am starting to heal , a life long process butat least i am headed in the right direction ! love and light to you all , God Bless ~ Maura

R.I.P. Travis Mendoza 7-9-88 8-22-02

Author: Lisa Salberg (---.dyn.optonline.net)

Date: 11-14-02 04:17

Healing takes time... I am glad you found the road... we are all with you for the journey.

big hug

Lisa
    NOTE: This is a post from the previous forum message board.
Working...
X