If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bidding for the STRONG MEDICINE Autographed script

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding for the STRONG MEDICINE Autographed script

Hi everyone - Bidding will begin today and end on October 31 at midnight.
    The bidding will open at $100.00.

This is the complete script that yours truly helped to write! To bid on the script list the amount of your bid in a post by clicking on REPLY TO POST. If you do not have a screen name and wish to bid email your bid to [email protected] and we will post the bid with your first name only. If your screen name is not your real name please PM me or Kelly your real name and we will confirm the bid in a timely fashion.

Remember every dime you bid directly helps us help YOU!

Best wishes,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

I think I will start it off with the bid of $100.00. It is for the good of us all.

Comment

OK Donna - i got your PM... Not sure how the system let you post as a guest. Hey Tim if you are out there can you take a look at this issue - Thanks!

Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa,

What is this script that you helped to write that we are bidding on?
        Cleveland Myectomy Club
        August 31, 2004

Comment

This was in todays newsletter. Sorry Stewart you are right I should have posted this up front for those who did not check their emails yet.

HCMA works with “Strong Medicine” -Tune in on October 16, 2005

HCMA works with “Strong Medicine” on a story near to our hearts!

Over the summer we received a call from a researcher from the television program Strong Medicine on Lifetime television. She was asking questions about ICD implants and how they were done and what is was like for the patient and the doctor. We provided her with information and some industry contacts to assist with the accuracy of the story. As you may well imagine we inquired why they were implanting the device in this person and they told us about the story line, it was all about HCM. Then the writer called and asked thousands of questions about HCM, family history, testing and community screenings. We were happy to assist with the information.

In a snap shot the story is a about young athlete who dies from HCM and the aftermath of family screenings and community awareness. It is a very realistic story, with the occasional dramatic license due to logistics of the show. While it shows the worst case scenario in HCM it also gets the word out about HCM and some of the treatment options. I hope you all enjoy the program and tell all your friends and families to watch it as well!

The HCMA is proud to announce that it has a signed script from the program and will be offering it for auction. Click here to bid! http://forum.4hcm.org/viewforum.php?f=24
          The ONE ORIGINAL will go to the highest bidder. The script contains autographs from the stars of the show – Including Rick Schroder, Tamera Mowry, Jenifer Lewis, Rosa Blasi, and Josh Coxx. For more information on Strong Medicine visit http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/strongmed/

Currently not obstructed

Comment

I'll go $125
            Cleveland Myectomy Club
            August 31, 2004

Comment

bidding

Hello everbody, hope all are well, as I am. I am kicking it up a notch, with a 150.00 bid !!!!
              Hello, I`m Craig, I have H.O.C.M. and I`m making the most of my life with my daughter and my wife!!!

Comment

I will bid $150 for the autographed script.

Comment

Sorry I did not see the $150 bid already posted so I will increase my bid to $200. This is for a great cause.

Howie

Comment

I'll go $200
                    Cleveland Myectomy Club
                    August 31, 2004

Comment

I will increase the bid to $250.

Comment

Last nights program "Strong Medicine" was a the first time I have seen first hand how much editing happens after filming. Boy did they shorten the HCM story line!
                        The good news was at the end of the show the HCMA did get a plug. Now if people have questions they can find us.

I wish I had control over editing because what was written was much better then what aired, in my opinion.

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Hi Lisa,
                          I saw (and taped) the show last night, too.

I was really discussed with the end when they did the screening and they portrayed that no one came (due to cost). I have found over the years that people don't want to attend a screening at a hospital setting because it's a hospital, nothing more. That is why the ABF screenings are done at the schools.

Anyway, all in all it was a great show with good HCM technical info and jargon, too.

Good luck on the script bids and your stardom!

Sharon

Comment

Use of ekg for screening

Hi Lisa,
                            I noticed that in this Strong Medicine T. V. program that if someone in the family had HCM they gave them an ekg and then if it showed signs of HCM , they received an echo. I think that this websites advocates getting an echo because it is the only true way to tell if someone has HCM. Is this part of your script that they rewrote?
                            Bettie
                            septal myectomy on Jan. 27, 2005

Comment

NO -Of couse we told them Echocardiograms - they altered some parts of the script - unforuntately.

Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Working...
                              X