If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

THW Find out more about THW
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Lisa,
    Happy 29th Birthday!!!
    Hope you're able to celebrate this weekend!!

Our household will be having {40 bites of} some home-made ice cream in your honor!
    Love, Theresa
    Philippians 4:4-9; Wife, & 39 yo Mom to 9 year old son and 6 year old son/daughter twins; Diagnosed with HoCM 1999; Cleveland Clinic Myectomy and ICD, January 2006.

Re: Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 4th decade...Nice to see you here!
    Daughter of Father with HCM
    Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
    Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
    ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
    Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Wow! So it's your 11th anniversary of your 29th birthday. That's how my sister also named Lisa celebrates hers. Forever Young is all I can say.

May you have a Wonderful Birthday!

Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Thanks guys...
        there are a few ways one may look at a birthday such as this and some thoughts come to mind...
        1. I have lived much longer then some and not nearly as long as others.
        2. I am happy to have the life I do and all that comes with it... good and not so good.
        3. I have made the choice that none of you will ever know my true hair color... at least not for a decade or 2!
        4. I have set some goals for myself for the next few years... lets just say I will not be sitting back and watching my heart cause problems - I will be fighting it ever step of the way... and I will win.
        5. I am blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life and I appreciate each and every one of you!
        6. I know I have many special people looking out for me from the other side and I know they will help me each and every day of what I hope to be a very long life!
        7. I am going to have some fun today...after I clean the house

Biggest accomplishments of the 1st 40 years:
        A wonderful husband, daughter and family!
        Building an organization that has helped to save many lives.
        Maintaining friendships that have lasted my entire life.
        The ability to help change our little corner of the world for the better.

What will the next 40 years hold?????? Hang on for what I am sure will be an interesting adventure!

Best to all,
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Happy Birthday Lisa! Thanks for all you do for all of us!!! Have a great day!
          Heather, 43, non-obstructive HCM, dx'd at age 14, AICD implanted 11-02, PVAI ablation done for a-fib and a-flutter 5-2010. 2nd PVAI done for a-flutter and a-tach 3-2014. 3rd PVAI for a-flutter June 2015, dr forgot to reset ICD settings and I went into vt and almost died, July 2015, July 2015-started tx work up, October 2015, put on list in Dallas and tx'd on November 14, 2015.

Comment

We are all blessed for knowing you - Congrats on entering the forth dimension.
            Marc
            Diagnosed @ 48
            Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
            Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
            AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
            After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
            Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Happy Birthday Lisa....... Thanks for all you have done.... Have a great day

Comment

Lisa,
                Thanks for all you've done for all of us . . . have a happy birthday!

Gordon
                Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

40? Can't be possible. I remember the day like it was yesterday that my new little brother Lloyd turned out to be my new little sister Lisa. I'm still not sure I'm over it either. It was 1968, and I was lobbying mom and dad to send her over to Denmark for a sex change operation, but I lost that battle. But what the ****, she turned out alright anyway.
                  Happy birthday kid! 40 ain't nuthin', I did it years ago. Just think, in 10 more years, you won't have to borrow my AARP card.
                  Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Happy Happy Birthday to you, Lisa ! You are truly an Angel. Where would we be without you ?
                    Birthday hugs to you !!
                    Dont clean the house today .
                    peace
                    Maria

Comment

Happy Birthday to you, Lisa!! And many more. You deserve a big celebration! Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do. Take the day off-from here, your house looks plenty clean enough.
                      BTW, you can just say you're in your extremely late 30s. I still do.

Barbara

Comment

Ok girl!!!!!!

It is that time of year again HAPPY BIRTHDAY and here's to 40 more I'm glad you have been around for my family and myself and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD smiling down on us all, as you know it is his birthday also

Shirley
                        Diagnosed 2003
                        Myectomy 2-23-2004
                        Husband: Ken
                        Son: John diagnosed 2004
                        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Happy Birthday twin. The day you were born I turned 22. You do the math for my age.
                          Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                          ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                          Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                          Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Lisa,

Happy Birthday wishes from here too!

Abby

Comment

Many years!!

Leon
                              God Squad co-moderator
                              Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Working...
                              X