If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go Red

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Greatful
Greatful
Junior Contributor
Find out more about Greatful
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Red

Hi All,

Last fall the AHA did a story on me in my local paper. The story was about how I was a survivor of heart disease. Well I just received an email for the casting call in MA with Marie Osmond and the go red campaign. You can either go in person or submit your story to be chosen to be a spokesperson for the 2008-2009 Go Red campaign!

I don't think I can take the time out of work so I have a whole lot of writing to do this weekend. Wish me luck!

Barbara

Re: Go Red

Barbara - This will be a great opportunity for you to represent the HCMA - We' watch for your story - Good luck - Linda

Comment

That's great. People need to be informed about this disease.
      LindaG
      Son died of cardiac shock second to HCM at age 36.
      Live Well...Laugh Often...Love Much

Comment

Wonderful opportunity Barbara! Thank you, with your help more will be informed.

Pam
        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Good for you. Congratulations.
          Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
          ICD&Pacemaker 1996
          Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
          Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Barbara,
            Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity to get the news out about HCM that will hopefully save lives.
            Esther

Comment

Barbara

That is great! I and my family walk every year in the heart walk my daughter in law started it about 4 years ago and I have bought T-Shirts from the HCMA and they are worn every year and they are asked about our T-Shirts all the time

Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X