If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greating from NJ the REAL home of the Giants

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greating from NJ the REAL home of the Giants

Hi,
    I just wanted to take a moment to remind everyone that the Giants play their "Home" games in NJ and that many of the players live, you guessed it, in NJ and most of the staff lives, yup in NJ and many of the fans - yes you guessed right - are from NJ.

There is not a great deal of work getting done today in the great Garden State as it is just about a State holiday here!

Regardless of where you live and who you were pulling for you have to admit it was a great game - this coming from the woman who really is not a football fan.

Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Salberg; 02-04-2008, 04:01 PM.
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Greating from NJ the REAL home of the Giants

While I wanted the Patriots to win (don't throw anything please) since I am a Redskins fan I didn't feel all that strongly about the game. That being said, the Giant defense was amazing and impossible comeback near the end was a work of art! The Manning family must be proud! It was a great game!

Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

I must admit it was an anxiety provoking game and I am happy for you and all the Giant fans but my heart aches today and I am in mourning...booo hooo!

I had a rough night dream wise and found myself taking Tom Brady out to the car to get away safely. He did not need a disguise as no one paid any attention to him.. how sad I was for him... however THRILLED for myself to be looking out for him. GOTTA*love those beta blockers and vivid dreams!

Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

I just wanted to mention that I went to the same school in New Orleans as Eli and Peyton Manning. I would say that I went to school with them, but Peyton was in kindergarten when I was a senior, but we are in the same yearbook!

Anyway, it is amazing that my little prep school, which I have to tell you is NOT known for sports, is now the alma mater of not just one, but TWO Super Bowl MVPs.

Since it seems that my New Orleans Saints can't ever get it together, at least a couple of our home town boys have made good.

GO ELI!!!!
        Daughter of Father with HCM
        Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
        Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
        ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
        Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Hi All,

I have not been on in a while but lurking and reading posts. I too like Pam am in mouring! I have never seen a group of grown men as sad as the group I was with last night!

I also had a dream about Tom Brady. My husband and I bumped into to him walking down the road and he told us how sorry he was that he blew it. I told him that is ok they can't expect you to carry them all the time. He said can I do anything to make this up to you and my husband whipped out his cell phone and said yes let me get a picture with you. Just then Giselle appeared and it wa the 3 of them in the shot.

I just hope that the Pats fan don't forget the great year the Pats gave us!!!!

Hope everyone out there is doing well. All is well in my little world!

Barbara - aka - Greatful

Comment

We watched the game outside (I hate to say we had a heater on but we did) here in Az. 15 giant fans and 1 patriot. It was a good game. No I was not the Patriot fan.
            Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
            ICD&Pacemaker 1996
            Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
            Mom of Kaye.

Comment

I'm not a big football fan, but here in Ma., it's practically an official day of mourning.
              The REAL sports season starts in about 2 weeks when pitchers and catchers report for spring training!

Comment

It was a terrific game! I usually don't like the Super Bowl because there are so many blowouts it's not fun to watch but this one sure kept us in suspense. My favorite play of all was the one where the receiver caught the ball and even smashed it to his helmet to keep control, all the while staying in bounds. What a terrific play!!!
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

It was a great game --- but as was the case with the Packers-Giants, the stress level is too high for these contests!

After reading about the recent NEJM study http://www.newsday.com/news/health/n...,3869991.story ("German study links heart trouble, game-day stress") on the impact of sports viewing on heart function, I decided to take my BP during the 4th quarter last night. Only 177/103 -- and a heart rate I only get in intense exercise -- and that with 100 mgs of beta blocker in my system!

Dick

Comment

Re: Greeting from NJ the REAL home of the Giants

My son was an over-the-top Giants fan. He was the personification of FANatic. He and his buddy were season ticket holders. In fact, the second pro football game my daughter in law saw was the SUPERBOWL in Florida. (they lost that year, but the two of them had a blast)

My husband and I went to the cemetery yesterday morning and brought Mark a balloon and a plastic plaque that said "who wants it more?"

I got a zillion emails today from people who knew him giving him credit for helping the Pats to fumble and helping to clear the way for Manning to do the things he did so well.

Last week we distributed several of the MANY, MANY shirts Mark had to my family. It was like a free for all. They loved it because he had shirts from the 1980s, so there was something to fit almost everyone. My 12 year old niece couldn't understand how Mark, who was so big, had a shirt that fit her...until her mother pointed out that the shirt was from 1986!

All in all it was a good experience, but I think I'm the only Giants fan who CRIED at the end. I knew how happy Mark would have been and I was sad because he wasn't here to see it.

When we had the fundraiser for the scholarship we have in his name, the Giants org donated an autographed Manning poster. No one bought it, so my daughter bought it for her "friend." I'm sure he'll be holding onto that for dear life now.

Well, let's hear it for the NEW JERSEY Giants! Truth be told...that does sound a little lame, and I've lived in NJ most of my life --I'm only about 45 mins. from East Rutherford. Hey, what's in a name????

Take care and remember, "it ain't over 'til it's over." Mark always believed that...he never left a game early no matter how badly they were losing.

LindaG
                    Son died of cardiac shock second to HCM at age 36.
                    Live Well...Laugh Often...Love Much

Comment

Re: Greeting from NJ the REAL home of the Giants

I have to say I'm not a big football fan but that was a great game and yes we were rooting for the Giants and it did keep you on the edge of your seats GREAT GAME!!!!!!! GIANTS!!!!!!!

Shirley
                      Diagnosed 2003
                      Myectomy 2-23-2004
                      Husband: Ken
                      Son: John diagnosed 2004
                      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Being from Mass, this was a tough loss to take. The last regular season game between the two, I knew they would meet again.
                        Joe Del

Diagnosed @ age 45 with HCM June 2004; ICD Implant: September 2004. Fifteen years prior was tested and told had an anxiety attack. Second ICD implanted May 5, 2009 with adding second lead.

My biggest part is the depression and now on disability.

Tested positive for HCM gene and all three children are negative.

Husband and father of three children: Son 18 and two daughters 13 and 7.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                        X