If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCM'ers in So. Nevada??

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Bucky Engineer by Education, Self Professed Expert in Nothing Find out more about Bucky
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCM'ers in So. Nevada??

Hello:

I'll try another thread. Any HCM'ers in Southern Nevada that want to hook up, please send a message through the HCMA mail system to "Bucky". It's lonely being the only one in Vegas in HCMA.

Doug Ingram
    Diagnosed in June 2007, Pacemaker Oct 2007, Myectomy in Feb 2009 at Cleveland Clinic, Two daughters, both checked with Ultrasounds in 2008, all OK so far. Two grandchildren both check with Ultrasounds and all is OK to date. OH YES....Harry, the Doggie, says Hi also. sigpic

Re: HCM'ers in So. Nevada??

Doug,

Sorry no one has responded yet.. you might want to send a PM to Eilleen 2345, she lives in Phoenix. You could probably search through the member list and find some others out there.

Come on out you Nevada people, Doug wants to meet others who have HCM and are in his geopgraphy.
    Hang in there Doug some people here( out there) do not get on the message board regularly.

Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Thanks Pam.....I think people are afraid of people who live in Sin City........we are...........DIFFERENT !!!!!!

Not actually, did you know that Las Vegas has more churches per capita than most other major cities (I guess that means we need them, huh), that our population has just passed 2 Million (not all of us gamble either), and that our proud University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) basketball team is going to be in the final 16 in March....

Just some Trivia.

Come see us.
      Diagnosed in June 2007, Pacemaker Oct 2007, Myectomy in Feb 2009 at Cleveland Clinic, Two daughters, both checked with Ultrasounds in 2008, all OK so far. Two grandchildren both check with Ultrasounds and all is OK to date. OH YES....Harry, the Doggie, says Hi also. sigpic

Comment

Come to Nevada and Win Millions on the Mega Bucks Slot Machine.

Comment

HI!
          I have a 15 year old son with HCM and we visit Las Vegas often because we have family and business in LV. My parents grew up in Las Vegas, matter of fact they met in high school there and they are still together. Things have changed in LV, but not too scary. Don't feel alone in LV with HCM, remember that some people don't want to talk about HCM, and so many don't even know they are living with it. Do you have a My Space account? Maybe you could help "get the word out" that way. Just ask HCMA how.
          My son Brody doesn't like to talk about his HCM ... not at all, but maybe we can meet when we go back to LV? When we go we stay with my friends in Spanish Trail, or she gets us a room at random hotels.
          Take care and good luck locating others in LV they will show up. Some people don't sign on to the HCMA but once in a while.
          Take Care,
          RuthAnne
          Mom of 3
          Cody, Brody & Zane
          (Brody, HCM with Complications of NCC)

Comment

Thanks Ruth Ann. All roads lead to Las Vegas (where did I read that). Let me know when you are coming here I'd love to hook up.

Strangely enough, I was talking to my neighbor yesterday and her nephew in South Carolina has HCM also.....I think you are right. Many folks who have this condition probably choose to either ignore it (if they can) or deny it (I would prefer this route).

Take care..

Doug

Comment

Working...
            X