If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tour de France

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deedee
    replied
    Tour de LANCE!

Was one of the greatest caps to a career ever in the history of history

Mary, Back in the day I rode mountains, (sierras) going up was much easier for me than coming down was. Coming down you have to not have your breaks catch fire and burn your tires and you go sooooooo fast and it's a constant struggle. Going up is methodical and you use technique and mind games and muscle relaxing during use and such but coming down will put hair on your chest and I always thought a lot more work mentally and physically. I know... weirdly unexpected...

Tour de "one and only" Lance - Live Strong Always!

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied
    Yup he did it! I like how he all but passed the torch to Ivan Basso. Then there was Yan Ullrich those two have fought some battles.

So, who's gonna do it next year?

Now, I'm gonna be bored until the Vuelta De Espana comes along!

Livestrong!

Mary S.

Leave a comment:

• scottonbike
    replied
    7 wow

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied
    OH and lets not forget Bob ROLL! HE is awesome. Esp his new kinetic commercial. Thought I was going to choke on my coke when I saw that!

mary

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied
    Oh, Scott you are so right! Cycling is like a chess game, I've got friends that ask me " Lance hasn't won a stage how come he's in the lead" I just shake my head and most of the time when I explain it they just gaze at me.

My favorites are the decents from the mountains. I would love to go down them at a 100K. Don't think getting up them would be all that fun though.

I have my LIVESTRONG bracelet and it has very special meaning to me. One of my patients when I worked in Surgical Oncology gave it too me. At one time she was a cop but got this rare bone cancer. She had to have half of her foot taken off but she said that she was so inspired with "my" story of determination. I was like why are you inspired by me you're fighting cancer. She said I have a chance at a cure now you may never have that chance and here you are taking care of me. I was in tears we've since become friends and still keep in touch. She was a great inspiration for me. And everytime I see yellow I think of her.

Mary S

Leave a comment:

• scottonbike
    replied
    I too am a huge fan. I had to upgrade my tv so I could get OLN and since then I have not missed a day. I even have a livestrong hat, and have thought seriously of getting a tatoo. My thoughts are that he was a winner when he crossed the starting line. The other aspect of the tour is that it is a team sport, and he has some top notch riders with him and also uses all the technology at his disposal

Scott

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied
    Lance is most definitely the MAN, as well as the inspiration for my renewed interest in cycling. My goals are a bit different though... just get across the finish line alive.

GO LANCE!!

Leave a comment:

• michael obrien
    replied
    i heard and I dont know how true it is that lance armstrong has the lowest known resting heartrate 36 bpm.He is "THE MAN".Im hoping he pulls it off take care mike

Leave a comment:

• ConnieM
    replied
    I am also a big Lance fan. It sure would be nice if he won again but it is still a big deal to win 6.
    John

Leave a comment:

• SharonBates
    replied
    Hi Mary,
    I'm rooting for the MAN, too! A Quote from his girlfriend Sheryl Crow,
    "Besides, he is hot!!!!"

Go Lance!

We are pulling for you in Phoenix, too!

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    started a topic Tour de France

Tour de France

I'm rooting for Lance Armstrong. GO FOR SEVEN! Yan Ulrich has nothing on him and Vinacorave too.

I"ve always loved cycling and this guy is the only athletic hero I look up to. I believe if this man can come back from what he has endured then I can too. When I get a new heart I'm gonna go do a century at least. Granted its no Tour but that is my goal!

Any person who can bike over 2000 miles in three weeks has my respect. Let's see any other athelete do that!

LIVESTRONG!

Mary S.
Working...
X