If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's Burton ?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tigger1 Find out more about Tigger1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's Burton ?

Has anybody heard from Burton lately...

Tigger1
    " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Good question! Normally, Burton's posts can hardly be overlooked

We can only hope he's not battling with some serious complication or whatever. Burton, if you read this: can you give a sign of life

We're getting a bit worried worldwide
    \"Hope is disappointment postponed\"

Dx in 2004, first symptoms 20 years ago? Obstructed, A-fib, family history!

Combined Morrow and (left atrial) Maze procedures & PVI at St. Antonius Hospital, Netherlands, March 28, 2013.

Meds (past) propranolol, metoprolol, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodaron, aspirin, dabigatran, acenocoumarol.

Meds (current) sotalol, dabigatran, furosemide.

Comment

Hey all,

I've talked to Burt by IM over the past few days. He seemed to be a little under the weather. His arm is still swollen from the fistula surgery. Having some problems breathing and his insurance company is still denying his insulin.

So I hope this helps some!

Mary S.

Comment

I had been wondering the same thing. Hope all is well. Take care of yourself Burt, we miss you!!

Pam
        It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Hello Burt:

Hope that you are doing much better today! We are all praying for you and we hope to see you back here soon. Keep the faith - He is still in the miracle business.

God continue to bless and keep you safely in His arms.

Shirley (Shirls_6)
          \"With God all things are possible - remember He is still in the miracle business - just trust Him and keep the Faith\"

Comment

Hi Burt - Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hope you feel better soon!

Dee
            Dee, Mom to Dylan
            (Almost 7 yrs old, HOCM, Endocarditis/Stroke 1/01, Myectomy/Valve Repair 4/04)

Comment

Burt, my friend, I am thinking of you and praying for you. I'm sorry you are not feeling well, it makes me sad to hear this. You are a very, very important person to us. We love you here.

I hope you feel better very soon.
              Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to You.

Eileen
              49 yrs. old
              Diagnosed at 31.
              Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
              First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
              Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
              Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
              My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
              2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Burton,

I hope you are feeling well and that you straighten out those issues with your insurance company.

Best wishes,
                Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Burt, your insurance is still not working with you? Good luck getting what you need from them.

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi folks,
                    I would like to thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers. I’m afraid that with sixteen maladies at last count, there are always a number of things one has to cope with simultaneously, but I continue to deal with my medical problems – as I guess we all do.

However, the time available to spend on the board has become severely limited, so I will not be able to do that anymore. I do feel however that I have made many friends on the board, and would like to keep in touch. If you are also of a like mind, my email address is [email protected]

Hope to ‘talk’ to you real soon,
                    Burt

Comment

Burton,I will miss reading your posts your such a bright spot on the board not to mention a source of inspiration.Your always so positive and you help me keep things in perspective. hope to see you back soon feel better sincerely mike
                      One day at a time.

Comment

Burt, glad you were able to check in. Hope you can keep things under control and please keep us posted. You are an inspiration and encouragment to so many - Linda

Comment

Burton,

Likewise.

I hope you will check in periodically, though. I know you need to take care of things at home first. Just know my best thoughts are with you.

Debbie

Comment

Burt's quote:
                            However, the time available to spend on the board has become severely limited, so I will not be able to do that anymore.

I will miss your wonderful posts with those great stories that are interesting and inspirational.

Take good care my friend. Please check in when you can.

Hugs to You Always,
                            Eileen
                            49 yrs. old
                            Diagnosed at 31.
                            Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                            First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                            Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                            Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                            My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                            2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Take care of yourself and we will be here whenever you can pop in. I hope that you can get the support you need from the insurance company.

Reenie
                              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X