If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glad to be back

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

michael obrien Find out more about michael obrien
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to be back

Hello everyone,I have finally worked out whatever was preventing me from loging in.I have been staying current on the sight ,but was frustrated when I could not reply.All is well with me.I have been taking care of my new daughter ( 3mos.) SHE IS ADORABLE.She just started to smile.Ihave been having a hard time at night eating more than I should. Im nervous because I had lost 50 pds since my april diagnosis and have felt somewhat better. I dont want to gain the weight back ,but find it hard to control myself when In the house.I was walking at night in the summer early autumn but that went out the window , it being cold and my having to take my daughter w/ me..I have a hard time accepting this condition.I see people twice my age doing things that I cant do and it sometimes bothers me.I dreamt a few weaks back I was running on the beach not just running but sprinting something I did when I had first come back from the marines now I am challenged by a 1 to 2 mile walk.I know I should be grateful Im alive and can walk( please dont beat me up too hard.)but Im struggling.I also didnt like reading that toprol can cause impotence I currently take 200 mg per day.sorry to cry I should be ashamed their were days when I couldnt get off the couch and I start feeling a little better and thats not good enough.the human condition never satisfied. also I read glen beamishs post that he cycles 30 miles 3 x per week I think thats awesome.well IM glad to be back and wish everyone well sincerely mike ob
    One day at a time.

Mike, I'm glad you're with us. Remember, the side effects of meds are possible side effects. They may not affect you that way at all. Take care and keep posting.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Mike, Good to hear from you again. I was wondering how that little lady was doing. Sounds like she prob has you wrapped around her little finger.

Don't be too hard on yourself and don't spend too much time comparing yourself to others. Just remember, you can only compare certain aspects, there are too many variables. Also, if you have a problem with side effects of meds, talk to your doctor. There are others to try. If it's not a side effect for you, don't worry about it. It probably won't become a problem.

You've done great with the weight loss. Check out the local malls for walking. You can use a stroller now, but it won't be long till she'll be ready to run the malls. Keep us posted, Linda

Comment

Mike,
        Or shall we call you DADDY! Congratulation on your new daughter, I am sure she is just wonderful!
        Take it all at your own pace... what your body is able to do on any given day is going to be different than anyone else.

Congratulations on the loss of 50 lbs! How did you do it? Give us all some hints.

Best wishes,
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Yes Mike give us some hints, and it is wonderful to see you back with us, and i love babies now is the time to really enjoy them they grow up soooo fast you take care

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X