If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interview

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview

Well,

Wish me luck! I have a very important interview tomorrow. It is for an assistant position in the neurodignostics lab at the hospital I currently work at. I'm looking forward to getting this job because I get to do both: help people and easy my overworked heart. Most of my requirements would be computer based.

School has also started today. I think this Algebra class may give me an anurysm this semester. Man I hate math. But, the professor seems good and was very understanding about my HCM so hopefully it will be a good year.

Thanks for the support!

Mary S.

hey, good luck Mary.

You will do fine.

All the best,
    Doug
    NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

Best of luck, Mary, Linda

Comment

Good Luck Mary - and if I have been remiss in reminding you lately...
        DRINK DRINK DRINK

Big hugs!
        Lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Good luck, kiddo!

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Well,

I just got back from the interview. I could not have expected it to have gone any better. The director seemed really enthused about my talents and what I could contribute. There are four other people going for the job. So, I am going to write a very nice thank you letter and try to get some brownie points. I will not know until next week but I think it looks pretty good.

Mary S.

Comment

Mary

I'm so happy for you and a thank you note these days goes a long way, i will keep a finger crossed for you ok

Shirley
              Diagnosed 2003
              Myectomy 2-23-2004
              Husband: Ken
              Son: John diagnosed 2004
              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Still keeping fingers crossed here too.

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hey Mary,

I didn't get on yesterday, so I didn't get to wish you luck.

Glad to here the interview went so well, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Good luck w/the algebra, too... I know I would need it, also!

Debbie

Comment

Mary hon,
                    I not only got my fingers crossed, I have my eyes crossed too – and the way things are at the moment, I’ve got my legs crossed also.

I’d have talked with you more, but I’m a bit busy of late. Saw my PCP yesterday and turned over the fight with the ins. Pharmacy to her – I’m just fed up with them and will not fight any further. Instead of giving me the insulin I need they want to cut it below one third my requirement. If she can’t get it for me I’ll just stop taking the insulin.

This morning I left the house at eight thirty and drove about two towns away to see my surgeon. He is going to build a fistula in my arm tomorrow. From there we drove to the hospital to pre-register, and run the tests they ordered. Got out of there at three thirty and drove to a pharmacy to get the special soap I have to bath with tonight and tomorrow morning. The car service will pick me up tomorrow at four thirty and I have to be showered and dressed. The procedure is at seven thirty and I should get out of there around ten, and home by eleven.

Thursday I have a part time job interview. If it is a desk job I might be interested, but if it is not, I will have to blow it off. Then comes Friday – lunch with friends, then bridge. Friday night my son will be driving out to visit again, and should get here for Saturday breakfast, and stay for the week-end. I didn’t take my scooter today and I’m ready to collapse.

You must be gearing up for an equally interesting time with school and a job. Tell me, did you ever get the prescription for the patches? – or a stop-gap substitute? Anyway hon, keep your chin up – it’s harder to tag you with an uppercut.
                    Grandpa

Comment

Boy, Burt you sure are an over achiever! Anyhow, on the insulin you better not quit taking it. That would not be good. Don't make me come out there.

School, seems acceptable for now and if I get this job I think it will be something I could handle!

Good, luck tomorow!

mary

Comment

Mary,

The job is yours, I can feel it...

The Best Of Luck

Tigger1
                        " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Burt, good luck with the fistula. Keep us posted, Linda

Comment

Mary ,

Keeping positive thoughts for you . Got a feeling sunshine is coming your way.

Pam

Burt take it easy, remember to put plenty of warm soaks on that fistula as soon as allowed , that will help the area heal and get it to grow faster so those large boare needles slide in easier when the time to use it comes and keeps the scare tissue from frequent use to a minimum.

Pam
                            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Hi friends,
                              I know this is Mary’s thread, but just let me respond to your kind remarks.

I had the procedure today. They entered via the crease at the inside of the elbow, and they glued me back together. No water on it for 48 hours, then I can shower quickly and pat it dry carefully. Right now it is swollen and sore, and difficult to flex. My bicep is sore (that’s where they put it) and the hematoma at the incision is as wide as my arm and ten inches to a foot up and down.

I was fine in the hospital, but getting out of the cab I came very close to passing out and had to be helped into the house. It was very rocky for a few hours, but after a good nap things settled down – except for some occasional angina. I can drive again tomorrow and will have the prescription for Percocet 75/500 filled. I also need a rubber ball to squeeze. They expect the hematoma and pain to subside in about a week, and the fistula to be ready for dialysis in six to eight weeks.

Thank you for your concern. I really do appreciate it.
                              Love you all - Burt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X