If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been and probably will be scarce for a bit longer.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Pam Alexson single mother of 3 wonderful young adults;a special ed teacher, an RN and a senior accountant. Find out more about Pam Alexson
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been and probably will be scarce for a bit longer.

Just to let you all know I have not been on as much as I was in the past recently . I am trying to stay up on the reading but, the posting I have lagged behind in .

Lots going on , we are down to the wire for my first daughters wedding on 2-12. I finally got a dress today. I told my kids I hadn't gotten one yet because these days I am built like a hobbit and I am waiting for a frodo dress shop to open in our neighborhood

So if I am sparse please forgive this moderator, every task seems to be an athletic event to me and then requires me to take a shower and a nap to recover. As well, recently I have just dealt with my 5th diverticulitis episode since early Nov. , so that too has been impinging on my efforts to get things done .

I am still very interested and invested in helping everyone here but for now I will be behind the 8 ball from time to time until the blessed event.

My best to you all.

Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Hey Pam,

I know I haven't had a chance to catch up with you lately but would like to soon. We have a lot in common!!

Take care of yourself first and foremost. I would love to chat sometime when you get the time and have the energy.

Your friend,
    Doug
    NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

Pam,
      I was just about to pick up the phone and call you, ya had me a little worried. I am glad to hear that life is just good ole busy.

Have a wonderful time at the wedding - send pictures!

We will hold down the fort until you get back.

Enjoy!
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Pam,

Take care of yourself first, and don't worry about us until you are ready. You've got a lot on your plate right now, even without a big wedding next month! We'll be thinking of you.

Take care,

Jim
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Pam,

Take care of yourself. We will hold down the fort.

Enjoy the wedding and keep yourself healthy.

Kelly
          Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you.

Comment

Pam
            Rest up for the wedding, and enjoy. Hope you get feeling better. Take care.

Pam
            It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Dear Frodo,
              How are you doing of late? Diver is a real pain in the butt – not only that, your whole lower GI tract gets very painful and it saps all your energy. Has your doctor given you a diet to follow and some medication to ‘settle’ things down and fight the infection? Five bouts of it in about two months would send me screaming into the hills. I wish there was some way we could help you for a change.

I know with my wedding, in the last month prior it seemed like there was about eight months work left to do. Please conserve enough of yourself to enjoy the event when it gets here – I’m sure the remaining days will just fly by. After all the hours of preparation and worry, and trying to get things just so, and taking care of the relatives, and all the million and one things that tug at you day after day, suddenly the wedding day is upon you. Things usually work out very well, the kids fly off to their honeymoon, the relatives leave, and there you are in a daze with nothing left to do.

After a bit you will recover and things will go back to normal. Have a marvelous time, get lots of pictures, and enjoy the event. We all wish you the best of times, and can wait until you have time for yourself – and for us too. Hark! Do I hear the approaching pitter-patter of wee little feet in the background? Must be mice –
              Burt

Comment

Pam, Take care of yourself. Enjoy the wedding! Best wishes to the bride and groom! Linda

Comment

Hi Pam. You just take care of yourself and your family. We'll still be here when you have the time to come back to us full force. In the meantime we'll make sure everything here is in good shape so you don't come back to a "messy house."

Reenie
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Pam

Even though we did talk lastnight you take it easy so you can enjoy your daughters wedding, be well my friend

Shirley
                    Diagnosed 2003
                    Myectomy 2-23-2004
                    Husband: Ken
                    Son: John diagnosed 2004
                    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Pam,

A very exciting time for you and your daughter!

Hope you take time to enjoy it. Before you know it, it will be over, and she'll have been married for 10 years.

Debbie

Comment

Enjoy the wedding. And the very best wishes to the bride and groom.

Please take good care.
                        49 yrs. old
                        Diagnosed at 31.
                        Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                        First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                        Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                        Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                        My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                        2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Pam,

Remember family comes first. Enjoy preparing for the wedding. Anticipation is half the fun...

Take care of yourself...

Tigger1
                          " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Thank you everyone for your great support and advise. Now that cold is starting to really settle in and I have to watch it.

I forgot to tell you how my daughter had to post pone her original date of 10-09-03 because she felt it was more important that I go through the myectomy on 10-15-03. She wanted to be available to me for all my needs post myectomy. So now it is her turn .

I do not remember so many details to these affairs., I guess things have changed in 25 years. I know it is just going to be so special and I am going to cry alot , with joy for her and her fiancee. Yes Burt , I would not be at all surprised if I become a grandmother in about a year. Seems motherhood is one of her biggest dreams in life, hmmm , wonder where she picked that up.

Best to all of you, my other family. Doug , thanks we will have to make a plan to catch up after the wedding , I look forward to it.

Pam
                            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                            X