If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Holidays

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Abbygirl2 Find out more about Abbygirl2
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holidays

Dear friends,
    2004 has been a very difficult year for me(and my family) but as this year comes to an end, I can still look back and find some highlights.
    Near the top of my list are Lisa and the many kind people I have met here. For the 1st time in almost 6 yrs I have connected with others who understand what HCM is about and know of the highs and lows that each day brings. I know more now about my own condition than I ever imagined and I owe it all to the HCMA.

My Christmas wish is for all of you to have a safe and happy holiday season and may 2005 bring new hope and joy to those of us with HCM-and to those that love us.

Best Wishes,

Pam
    It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Merry Christmas!!!

From Beijing China, where Christmas has hit the big time for the first time ever!

Rhoda

Comment

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone has the best holiday ever. And Rhoda, I remember the Christmases in Japan. I know it's a little different than China, but there certainly is a lot of difference from that experience and Christmas here in the States. There sure is a lot more emphasis on New Years, eh?

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays

From The Entire Mahoney Family
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Ahhh – Mahoney – Mahoney. Sure’n that’s a grand old Irish name. It must be a grand pleasure to be wearin’ the red and the green, now.

Well, bein’ Jewish I guess I should be wearin’ the blue and the white, but it’s such a fine time of the year I’d like to be wishing everybody the Joy of the Season – and may we all be living long enough to be enjoyin’ many more of them.

By the way, for those of you who like to keep score of these things – today is our 48th anniversary. Funny, it doesn’t seem a day over forty-seven. Well, maybe in two more years - - -

For those with a Christmas goose or turkey, Seasoned Greetings – I’ll be over in a little bit to help you celebrate. What time did you say the bird would be done?
          Burt

Comment

Merry Christmas to all!
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Happy Holidays!

Like many of us here, i feel very fortunate just to have another Christmas to spend with my friends and family. I wish everyone the best this holiday season and above all a safe, happy, and healthy New Year!

Jim
              "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

To all,

I will be taking a day or two off of the board and with my family. Have a very happy, healthy and Merry Christmas!

My Christmas wish for all is that we enjoy good health, good friends and good fortune in 2005!

Peace be with you all,
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Happy Holidays to all! Linda

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

May your days be merry and bright!

Debbie

Comment

A very very merry christmas and happy holiday season to everyone!!! Blessings to all of you!! You provide so much love, light and support through this website, and i am so grateful to all of you for these months of being able to 'tune' in here and be part of your circle. I am reminded that miracles happen all the time!!!! So may this year be a year of miracles for everyone!!!! With great love and blessings...isabelle

Comment

Another year almost over and new one about to begin. Wow what a rough ride it has been this year; but I have survived. I could not have done it without all of my friends and family here at the HCMA. I've gained a Grandpa Burt, A twin Brother Jim. and an Aunt Lisa. Things I never had growing up. So here is something I wrote for all of you who changed my life! Season's Greetings

Mary S.

In the past

I was asked one day.
                          If you could change your life in any way,
                          Would you change it?
                          I didn’t even think for a minute.

The answer was already in my mind,
                          And No was the only answer I had to find.
                          But what if you could take back all of that pain?
                          And know your strife was not all in vane.

If I did reclaim the days of past,
                          And be able to change my life just that fast.
                          I may not have met my heroes
                          Who never treated me as a zero.

If I changed my past days,
                          I would not be the person I am today
                          And as I look back on my history,
                          I realize just how my story,
                          Was made better by the people in my past.

Comment

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all and a special thanks for all your support this year. Reading this Board has given me the information I need to make the best out of each and every day.
                            Nancy

Comment

‘Twas the day after Christmas
                              And all through the house
                              Not a creature was stirring –
                              ‘cept for one little mouse.

Seems that the folks all bundled up warm,
                              Were out to the stores and braving the storm.
                              The gifts they had gotten all lovingly wrapped
                              Were gathered and bundled, as their wallets were tapped.

The days and weeks prior, using muscle for power,
                              Were spent by there loved ones, in crowds by the hour.
                              They picked and they chose each gift with much love,
                              (But who really needs a mechanical dove?)

So off to the stores they all go with a flutter
                              To return each wild gift as they quietly mutter.
                              “They should know that this gift – that cost quite a bill,
                              Just wasn’t right, - so return it I will!”

So return those wild gifts that you just can not use, but keep all the love, and their taste - please excuse.
                              Burt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X