If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy to See Another Birthday :)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy to See Another Birthday

Jim---I LIKE YOUR MATH!!!

Doug
    NEMC's (Boston) First Myectomy 7-22-2003

Comment

JIM!
      HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I am nearly in tears thinking about the last 2 years of your life. You my dear have been a great big challange for me at times. I was so happy the day you called and said that you were ready for your myectomy. I knew that it was going to make a big difference in your life. To see you doing so well now really lets me know that all our work here is 100% worth it! I hope you had a wonderful birthday and MANY MANY MORE!!!!!!!

Big hugs from NJ
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, but I've been in and out of the hospital and so busy trying to catch up things needed to be done when I was discharged.

What a wonderful, joyous, heart felt day yesterday was for me in 1994. Our son, Michael was born on that day. He certainly was everything I expected from a son and more.

I just want to say..."Happy Birthday, Michael".

Happy Birthday to everyone else that is celebrating.
        Esther

Comment

Are you doing the Happy Dance, Birthday Edition?
          Fx

Comment

Lisa,

Thank you so much for the nice Birthday message.... even if it was late. WhatEVER.

Would it kill ya to check your private messages a little more frequently? Let's try to get our priorities in order, okay? No more of this travelling the globe doing silly HCM stuff... let's concentrate more on MY needs shall we? LOL. Just kidding of course!

I am nearly in tears thinking about the last 2 years of your life.
            Oh Lord... don't be getting all teary-eyed and girly on me now! LoL. I guess everything in life (or death) happens for a reason, and i feel very fortunate to have been brought to this website and been given the benefit of your wisdom and advice. Obviously someone is looking out for me! I honestly feel like i don't even have HCM right now, and quite frankly i feel better than i have in several decades. I know i still have HCM of course... but i can still pretend, can't i?

You my dear have been a great big challange for me at times.
            Is that a really nice way of saying that i've been a big ol' pain in your butt? LOL. I tend to agree... i HAVE been. But then again, someone has to keep you on your toes, girl.

Thanks to everyone for your nice messages.

Jim

P.S. Felix, i am withholding my Happy Dance until my last final exam paper is handed in on monday. After that, i'll be happy-dancing my way through the holidays buddy!
            "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

If you DO NOT COME TO THE MEETING THIS YEAR>>> I am going to be really really...well lets say extremely upset!
              Good luck on your exams!
              Take care,
              Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Jim,

Happy Birthday

Just a little late but I didn’t want to step ahead of Lisa.

Stuart
                Cleveland Myectomy Club
                August 31, 2004

Comment

Jim--Jim--Jim HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY from a former IUP'er. For those of you not lucky enough to be in Pennsylvania, that's Indiana University of Pennsylvania - of course when I was there we called it the "Institute of Ugly People" (present company excluded of course, Jim!!) complete with a "King Ugly" - I believe that the year was 1984 or 1985.

Anyway, I digress. Happy Birthday again, and remember, you're 1 month and 3 days older than I am!!

Take care my friend!!

Ange

Comment

Funny have not visited in a while but the feeling of having something you were not sure of having again hit me december 15 also. Six months before I was cardioverted so often I thought "well it will be soon...". Woke on my birthday with the surprise feeling of gratefuleness. Grateful that I get to celebrate another birthday. Took the kids out for breakfast, brought coffees for the office staff, snacks for the kids in my class, and just felt happy. I hate the shadow of uncertainty that follows my every breath but I am still here, still able to participate, still....

Congrats on having another birthday. It is a great present. quinn

Comment

Working...
                    X