If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone see One Tree Hill on Tuesday on the WB..HCM on !!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Julie E Find out more about Julie E
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see One Tree Hill on Tuesday on the WB..HCM on !!

Wow was I surprised when my 17 year came running out of her room to tell me to turn on the WB. The show called One Tree Hill (which seems to be a teen type of OC show) was doing a story line on 2 brothers that are big into basketball just finding out there dad had HCM and they had to go get tested. As one was getting his echo the other one decided he didn't want to know???? Anyway it ended with the one that was tested being OK and they finished the scene with the other brother commenting on the 50/50 chance or every 1 in 2 having it, leaving the viewer to believe the one that didn't get tested most likely has it?? Anyway, I didn't see the whole show as we turned it on in the middle, but from what I saw it did a decent job of revealing HCM for what it is and what can happen to family members.

Thought I would share!!

Julie in Cincy

Re: Did anyone see One Tree Hill on Tuesday on the WB..HCM o

I have heard of the show, I saw commercials for it but have not seen it. I will look for it on the WB. I wonder if the other son who was not tested has it. And I wonder how they will portray it if he does.

Interesting, thank you for letting us know

Hugs -- Eileen
    49 yrs. old
    Diagnosed at 31.
    Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
    First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
    Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
    Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
    My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
    2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Hmm, I've never heard of that show before. I wonder if it will be rerun any time soon.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

It was the first time I ever heard of it but it seems like they would possibly need to continue the story line somewhat as these 2 guys appeared to be main characters so you might try tuning in next week just to see??

Tuesday nights on the WB at 9:00PM EST

Julie

Comment

One Tree Hill was rebroadcast in our area last night. I turned it on just where the brothers get a shirt signed by a basketball player – and then the scene changed to a girl’s slumber party where they were discussing sex, and it went on and on. I can’t remember if I fell asleep or changed the channel first – it was a closely run race.

I guess I can truly consider myself an old man now. There once was days when I would have found that interesting, but those days are long gone. - Mores the pity.
          Burt

Comment

I agree about the show, but as I stated in the original post this show is a "teen OC type of show". I had never seen it or heard of it before my 17 year old told me to turn it on. It is truely amazing the content of some of these shows these days. But to see a story line about HCM caught my interest.

Julie

Comment

My niece Stacey called me and told me all about it! It is about a family dealing with a diagnosis of HCM and getting screened for it as well!

3 cheers for free press!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X