If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Symptoms of Inner Peace

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Joyce Leinart Find out more about Joyce Leinart
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symptoms of Inner Peace

Be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to inner peace and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.

Some signs and symptoms of inner peace:

· A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.

· An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.

· A loss of interest in judging other people.

· A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.

· A loss of interest in conflict.

· A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom).

· Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.

· Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.

· Frequent attacks of smiling.

· An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.

· An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
    \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
    Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Re: Symptoms of Inner Peace

something for all to live by.
    \"When I\'m gone and people think of me... I want them to smile and laugh.\" Jason Caldwell

Comment

I LOVE THIS POSTING!!

I just returned home from the "young ICD" meeting in Michigan and this was very much the topic of discussion!

I met some wonderful new friends - some with HCM some with other reasons for having ICD's. In fact I met someone I have been speaking to for several years - and did not know she would be there!

I also heard a wonderful speaker... Dr. Bowen White - WOW what a guy! He has worked with the 'real' Dr. Patch Adams (not the actor that played him in the movie of the same name). He spoke about his book "Being Normal is not Healthy". I am on chapter 2 and am loving every minute!

I have returned home from this meeting with a clear picture in my mind of MY future... and what I am going to do to be as abnormally 'normal' as I can to achieve what I want to in MY LIFE! Look out...cause you are all in this with me! Mark my words...the world will hear us and they WILL LISTEN - More people will get the care they should and families will LIVE their abnormally normal lives WITH HCM and have fun along the way!

LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE - and try not to forget to do each and every one of these things EVERYDAY!!!

Best to all,
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lisa,
        My dear friend, I guess you know that I have been living by those precepts for many years now – except I have always referred to them as, “Live, love, laugh and be merry.” I can tell you from my experience that it is a wonderful way to live. You encounter the same bumps in the road, but you find that coping with them is far, far easier, and you get to really enjoy the life the good Lord has given to each of us.

Welcome to our merry band. There is always room for anyone who wishes to join us, so come on in – and bring your friends.
        Burt

Comment

Joyce, that was great.
          If only everyone was inflicted with this aliment.
          Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
          So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
          Good luck and stay well.
          Glen

Comment

You said it Glen , Amen!
            Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Thank you SOOO much for this wonderful and POST!!! It is so true that we are the company we keep....and this is expecially true of the INNER company we keep. Blessings to all who are now and WILL BE experienceing these symptoms of inner peace....

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
              X