If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half Gross?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Burton Borrok Find out more about Burton Borrok
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Gross?

Hello All,
    I have at last reached the ripe old age of seventy-two – years not months (Although I sometimes act like a six year old.)

Anyway, I’m seventy-two – or is that 36 on each foot?

Nope, I’m seventy-two. It’s hard to realize that the first half of my life is now over. I started kindergarten at four and a half – I still remember my first day. Actually I remember earlier then that. Seems like only a few days ago. - - Sorry for the delay, I was just reminiscing.

I have all these memories stored up all nice and warm in my brain, and it’s nice to take a stroll down memory lane now and again. But it’s more interesting to look forward to what’s yet to be. My daughter has twins (a boy and a girl) who have turned sixteen and have gotten their drivers licenses. In just a few years they’ll be heading off to college, and the dating scene will really begin. Not too long after that possibly they’ll marry. I can see Shirley and me at the head table - just beaming. Imagine going to the hospital one day, not to be admitted, but to see my great grandchild for the first time. Won’t that be something?

I think the first thing I’m going to do to celebrate my birthday is go to sleep. The whole family will be here later today, and we have a big day planned.
    Good night all,
    Burt

Re: Half Gross?

Burton, Happy Birthday to You.... Enjoy this special day with your first family. As one of your HCM family members, I wish you all my best. Breath deep and take it all in , savour this day. Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Song Happy birthday to you , Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Burton, Happy Birthday to you. And many more

HAPPY 72ND BIRTHDAY BURTON

Shirley
      Diagnosed 2003
      Myectomy 2-23-2004
      Husband: Ken
      Son: John diagnosed 2004
      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BERT!!!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Burt!!

I hope you enjoy your Birthday my fellow Leo!

Big HUGS!

Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I think I’ll have a fabulous day – just because you want me to. I can’t do more then that now, can I?

My son arrived and my new computer is about half installed. I’m doing this with my old keyboard, my old terminal, my new mouse and new computer.

Love you guys,
            Burt

Comment

Now that Burton is celebrating his 72nd birthday today with family (us, too ) and friends from all over the world, we wish that it is a happy time for him and Shirley. After all, she has to put up with a Grandpa!

Let us not forget to wish our own Lisa a very Happy Birthday on Monday! She has increased our family size by leaps and bounds. Without her, we would not know of all our "relatives" and our "friends" circle would be much smaller.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA! Many, many more with all your loved ones around to help you celebrate!
              Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Happy BD to Burt and Lisa! Linda

Comment

Happy Birthday, Burt and Lisa!!
                  \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Happy 72nd Birthday Burt!!!! Hope you had a heck of a party.

Also, a big happy birthday to Lisa!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Pam
                    It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

HUGE BIRTHDAY WISHES TO BURT AND LISA

Two wonderful people who deserve the best.

SheliRenee
                      Mom of Keanu
                      4 years old (will be in March)
                      Dx at 2 days old with Biventricular hypertrophy
                      Dx at 6 weeks with HOCM
                      Dx at 5 months with V-tach
                      Dx at 3 with Noonan Syndrome

Comment

Happy Birthday Burt and Lisa and warmest wishes for the year ahead.
                        You guys are both awesome,
                        Alison (mum of Anna)
                        Auckland, NZ

Comment

HAPPY BIRHDAY

Stuart
                          Cleveland Myectomy Club
                          August 31, 2004

Comment

Burt, I just got back from vacation, so Happy Belated Birthday.
                            Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                            So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                            Good luck and stay well.
                            Glen

Comment

Hi Burt
                              Happy Belated Birthday, Burt
                              Esther

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X