If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday to Lori

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to Lori

Today would have been my sisters Birthday (as well as my Great Aunt Anns). Lori and Ann both passed away in 1995 - Lori from HCM at 36 and Ann at the age of 95 after a long life.

Birthdays are hard as you can not help but think about what "may have been". Lori would have been 45 years old today. She has misses so many things in the past 8 1/2 yrs. But I know she would be very proud of her kids and all they have accomplished. I also know that she would have really enjoyed meeting all of you.

Last year my "birthday gift" to Lori was the launching of this message board. In one year we have gathered over 610 participants, nearly 10000 posts, helped thousands of people and made some wonderful new friends. I know Lori would have loved all of this and would be happy that her memory is being kept alive in such a meaningful way.

Keep Lori in your thoughts today and please think all the families who have lost loved ones to HCM. Let us keep fighting for answers, better treatments and quality care. Most of all please know that my sister was a wonderful mother, sister, daughter, friend and a person who cared about others everyday of her life, who in the end gave of herself so that others had a chance at life. Yes, Lori was an amazing person, she was my big sister and I love her very much (I just wish I told her that more while she was here).

Happy Birthday Lori - the world is a better place because you were here.

Love,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Happy Birthday to Lori

Thanks Lisa for your wonderful tribute to Lori. She was all of the wonderful things that you said and more. Life was not always kind to her but she always came up smiling. As people compliment me on how well her children grew up my only reply is she did wonderful groundwork for me.
    As proud as you were of Lori I can't begin to imagine how proud she is of you now and the work you are doing. Keep up the good work but don't forget to leave time for Lisa, Adam and Becca.

Love Mom
    mom

Comment

Happy birthday, Lori.
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lori!
        Because of her others can live and we are very proud to be a part of these great accomplishments in her memory.

Blessings and Love,
        Sharon

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI

I never met Lori but if she was just half as nice as her little sister, she must have been a great lady, and she would be very proud of you today for every thing you have done for people. I know you miss her as i miss my older brother Robert he would have been 65 next month. Again HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORI

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Lori and I talked about children and families and the future. She knew she had children and a family to be proud of. She knew her children would be fine, would make us all proud of them. Remembering Lori and her family with love (and yes, a few tears), Linda

Comment

On Lori's birthday this year, my new son-in-law reported for active duty after his national guard unit was called up. He will be on the ground in Iraq in a months time. I have enlisted the aid of his wife's Aunt Lori to be his personal guardian angel. I never would have thought of that if he had not reported on Lori's birthday. Hmmmmmm???????
              Lisa\'s favorite (and smarter) big brother.

Comment

Stacey found butterflies in the strangest places on Jan 9... I had a rather good day on the 9th, and Lori sent us a message that she will watch over Arron as his original date was the 2nd yet it was put off until the 9th!

So now that you have brought up the topic.... Guess what everyone??? I have a new "Nephew".... His name is Aaron, a really nice guy who married my niece Jennifer on December 20, 2003. It took us all by surprise. The "big" wedding will take place upon his return from active duty, but due to the situation Aaron and Jen wanted to say their "I Do's" before he headed overseas - this too on short notice. So on my sister-in-laws birthday -Dec 10 it was official there would be a wedding and 10 days later it happened! So engaged on Linda's birthday off to the service on Lori's.
                Please keep Aaron and his buddies in your thoughts and prayers...we would all appreciate that!

I have my yellow ribbon hanging out...and look forward to taking it down! Hurry home Aaron!

Best wishes,
                Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

God's speed to Aaron and all his buddies. May your guardian angel be watchful and alert for you to return home safe to your new bride!

Blessings and Congratulations,
                  Sharon

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X