If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Forum? why its kinda broken?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MegaBrain Find out more about MegaBrain
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Forum? why its kinda broken?

During last few months i see less and less posts on forum and it probably is due to technical problems lately.

so here are a few thoughts.

1- Changing the forum softeware back and forth => this cause url change which in return cause probaly with SEO => ranking drops for major keywords like for example "chest pain during exercise" etc.. so people can not find it.

2- Moving from subfolder www.4hcm.org/forum/ => http://messageboard.4hcm.org/ this again caused a lot of issues..

3- Links were broken from frontpage to forum for weeks

4- still when you come from frontpage to froum section it not taking you directly to forum but to some weird mid page then from there to forum section with wrong url pattern.

5- Forum was not updated and it was hacked like 3-4 times

Just some suggestion to keep this knowledge base up and running since it has a lot important infos for HCM patients.

Thanks. I think that, for the most part, most of those problems have been solved.

There's an additional factor: many people are posting in the Facebook group. However, since it's not moderated the way this board is, it definitely has its downside.
    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

I stoped because up to today answering heather's private message is the first time since last sept. could I log on, everytime I tried to log in it wouldn't let me so I gave up
      had HCM since birth
      'enlarged heart' identified in 96'
      HOCM dx in 7/08
      Myectomy 8/09
      extended Myectomy 5/10
      'End stage' HCM dx 8/10
      CRT-D implanted 9/10
      evaluated for Transplant 11/10
      Listed for transplant 6/11

Comment

Maztbo.... Have thought of you often and wondered how you were doing! I'm not sure what is happening with the new web site....Gordon says the bugs have been worked out and to notify the HCMA if we have any issues with the site. For some reason though it is very quiet on the forum.....I understand many people use Facebook ..... Which I do not. When you have time, catch us up.
        After years of symptoms:
        Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
        Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
        Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
        At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

I am not sure that the site problems are solved. In signing in yesterday I had to go through a password change. Same thing when I tried to log in today -- change the password again and to comment on this thread I had to log again even though I had logged into the main site. The problems seem to be long term and on-going since the change and are frustrating.
          Hugh

Comment

ARe there other groups or websites with HCM forums?? I just registered here but it doesnt seem like there are many ppl here I joined the FB group but havent been accepted in yet...I was hoping maybe there was a state specific group so I could meet up with other Wisconsinites.

Comment

Working...
            X