If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security Reminder

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mbcube Birth father died of HCM @ 49, I'm older than that now, Dx @ 48, 3 boys 22, 25, 29 all negative so far, pending future genetics Find out more about mbcube
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Reminder

I've notice that many are posting a lot of identifiable info online here and as a reminder - we can't control who is viewing this. In the last 5 minutes I've seen a FULL name, a city where they live, and when they are going to be away for surgery. Combined, these give less than desirable people knowledge and could possibly put an HCMA member at risk.

As a reminder - its not a good idea to use your first and last name as a member name. Please be a bit more cautious moving forward. Use the PM feature to communicate personal info with others. The chances for anything happening are slim, but its a wacky world we live in and want you all to be safe.

Wishing you all the best,
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Re: Security Reminder

Thanks Marc. Good advice. My horse is already out of the barn with my name on other business sites. But that's a good point about travel times posted.
    Angus Campbell
    Golden Isles Region, Southeast Georgia, USA

Dx'd HOCM at St Luke's Roosevelt, New York City, 2005
    Myectomy Jan 9th 2014 at Cleveland Clinic
    Drs Lever and Smedira

Comment

I think if your "handle" is vague enough, its possible to say "be at CCF in early march" and then PM exact dates with someone. Or list area instead of city (I did both! Duh!). I'm just saying we should not be too open with info. We get so relaxed and safe here amongst other HCMrs that we put our guard down.
      Marc
      Diagnosed @ 48

Comment

Marc --

Coming after you -- not only do you have your location here, know you not home during day, but when you sent me an email it had your full name. Suggest you go back, edit your location to be more vague and open another email with the name "mbcube" or something else just as generic.

Comment

I never said I was perfect. And knowing you, I bet you'll do anything to get of NY right now!
          Come on out, I heard its going to be in the 80s this weekend.
          Marc
          Diagnosed @ 48

Comment

More fun in NY - have the fort built and all the ammo made for the snowball fight.

Comment

If u need to retreat our snowbanks are 6 ft. High and frozen . California boy won't have a chance.

Sent from my SGH-I337M

Comment

Working...
              X