If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guys What's Up!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys What's Up!

Thought I would drop in and see how you guys were doing! For me life couldn't be better. My hospitalizations have been dropped 80% due to awesome primary and cardio who put me on an open door policy. If I don't feel well come to the office to get checked out. That way they can watch my cranky heart before it gets too bad.

Well, finals are done and as of Saturday I will be an Alumni of the University of Central Florida! I will have my B.S in Psychology with plans to pursue my MSW to become a counselor! I really can't believe I have done this with a 3.39 GPA not to shabby for someone five years ago was facing transplant. My doc's down here really cannot explain how my EF has climbed from 30% to 55% my last Echo. I think losing 30lbs and God had alot to do with it.

Mary S

Re: Hey Guys What's Up!

Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you for sharing your picture! I know your journey has a lot of twists and turns, but I get so excited when things are going well. Congratulations and I am so proud of you for not giving up! It is amazing how much better our health can be when we have attentive medical professionals that truly care about what is going on with us. My new doctor combination is top-notch and I have felt so much better. I still need a second Myectomy, but with the addition of Norpace and my new friendly ICD, I think we will be able to postpone it until fall or next spring. Again, congratulations on all you have accomplished!

Carol
    Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible!
    2004 Diagnosed with HCM
    2010 Extended Septal Myectomy, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Dearani on 9/23/10
    2011 5 of 8 children tested and found negative
    2012 Hypothyroidism secondary to Thyroid ablation
    2013 A-Fib
    2013 Inconclusive genetic testing
    2013 April Fool's Day found me getting an ICD!!!
    2013 Second Myectomy with papillary muscle resection and tricuspid valve repair, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Dearani on 10/11/13

Comment

Congratulations! What an inspiration you are to kids with HCM not to give up on there dreams!

Comment

Mary, CONGRATULATIONS! You have had quite the journey and your HCMA family is very proud of you!
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

How wonderful!! Your accomplishments are amazing for anyone, but the fact that you have achieved so much with the health issues you have faced just makes it more amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing. You excitement is contagious and you have made my day!!

Shea
          Mom of three
          Diagnosed with HOCM 10/25/12
          Myectomy 5/22/13 at Barnes Jewish Hospital

Comment

Glad to hear you're doing so well!
            Gordon
            Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Congrats Mary! You've certainly overcome a lot of advercity to achive your diploma.I admire you alot. Will be looking for you and cheering you on during the webcast of the ceremony on sat. morning.

John F.
              had HCM since birth
              'enlarged heart' identified in 96'
              HOCM dx in 7/08
              Myectomy 8/09
              extended Myectomy 5/10
              'End stage' HCM dx 8/10
              CRT-D implanted 9/10
              evaluated for Transplant 11/10
              Listed for transplant 6/11

Comment

You go, girl !!
                Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
                Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
                ICD 10/08

Comment

Such great news! Congratulations, Mary!

Continued best wishes - Linda

Comment

Mary - that is super great! Congrats to you. Pat yourself on the back!
                    Daughter of Father with HCM
                    Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
                    Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
                    ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
                    Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Congratulations!
                      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Its great to see some like you who has faced some nasty struggles (not to mention idiot parking enforcement) and taken control of their life and be laser focused on the target. You've hit many a bump on this road, but you always kept moving forward. Congrats on the Diploma. You're going to make a great shrink!
                        Marc
                        Diagnosed @ 48
                        Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
                        Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
                        AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
                        After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
                        Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Thanks all! It was an absolutely fantastic day (well weather stunk and the organist was horrendous). I spent it with those most important in my life. We went to Outback afterwards. We split a blooming onion, and loaded Aussie chips. Then I had Alice Springs Chicken (was great but only got a 1/4th of the way through). Then for dinner I split a chocolate thunder from down under. FANTASTIC, on the drive home I was reminded I had HCM I was asleep before we made the five mile drive home. I continued into my chocolate induced coma for another 4 hours! Good Times!

Thanks all!
                          Mary

Comment

Mary, again congratulations on such a wonderful achievement.
                            Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible!
                            2004 Diagnosed with HCM
                            2010 Extended Septal Myectomy, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Dearani on 9/23/10
                            2011 5 of 8 children tested and found negative
                            2012 Hypothyroidism secondary to Thyroid ablation
                            2013 A-Fib
                            2013 Inconclusive genetic testing
                            2013 April Fool's Day found me getting an ICD!!!
                            2013 Second Myectomy with papillary muscle resection and tricuspid valve repair, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Dearani on 10/11/13

Comment

Working...
                            X