If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just stopping by (& wasn't sure where to post this)

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Dolly W
Find out more about Dolly W
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stopping by (& wasn't sure where to post this)

Just popping by as I do once or twice a year to say hello & catch up on stuff. This past few months has brought quite a few surprises in my typically calm HCM world. In September, I had several episodes of NSVT & was placed on Mexilitene. My EP (Electrophysiologist) monitored me once a month since & I had no new episodes as of Dec. 1st., planned to wean me off of the anti-arrhythmia after the new year. Well, Dec. 22nd, I went into afib & spent Christmas in ICU & am now on amiodorone & pradaxa. Thankfully, I cardioverted with the meds, as they were planning on doing it manually with the paddles. All the new meds have me very tired & I sleep most the day now (several naps). Several other non-HCM developments as well, but I won't bore you with details.

Hope this New Year finds you all well (as well as one can be with HCM).
    HOCM, Septal Myectomy 10/02 (Mayo Clinic), Medtronic ICD 10/07, TIA 10/07

Re: Just stopping by (& wasn't sure where to post this)

Hi Dolly,
    Sorry to hear that you're having this trouble. Hopefully you'll adjust to the meds - and hopefully they'll be able to wean you from them after a while.

Gordon
    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Hi Dolly,
      It sounds like you have been challenged lately, to put it mildly! I am new to all of this but am glad to be able to read about the experiences of others, so thank you for sharing and I send will wishes your way.
      Shea

Shea
      Mom of three
      Diagnosed with HOCM 10/25/12
      Myectomy 5/22/13 at Barnes Jewish Hospital

Comment

Hey Dolly,

Where y'at?

I hope you are feeling better and that things are stabilizing for you. I just wanted to say hi and wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Take care of yourself.

Cynthia
        Daughter of Father with HCM
        Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
        Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
        ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
        Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Dolly, thanks for checking in and sorry things are not so great right now. Hope you adjust tote new meds soon.
          Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
          ICD&Pacemaker 1996
          Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
          Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Thanks all. I am adjusting to the meds & starting to feel better My biggest challenge at the moment is keeping excess fluid off - it's a delicate balance, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.
            Cynaburst, I'm still down in da parish as they say - good ole St. Bernard, LA Things are looking better, but there's still a long way to go. The hospital finally opened here 7 years post Katrina. There are still signs of it everywhere. Some days I am immune to it & some days it's so depressing to see things look exactly like they did when the water receded, but you can't let it get the best of you. Then Isaac came along (7 years to the day later) & re-destroyed some of the progress that's been made. That hit a lot of people hard. Thankfully, I am inside the levee protection system, cause about 5 miles from where I live, there was 20 feet of water - too close for comfort!!! My heart goes out to all who lost everything again.
            I will try to pop in more often & say hello - be blessed everyone!
            HOCM, Septal Myectomy 10/02 (Mayo Clinic), Medtronic ICD 10/07, TIA 10/07

Comment

I hope this new year finds you getting heallthier! Sounds like you got the right attitude!
              Marc
              Diagnosed @ 48
              Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
              Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
              AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
              After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
              Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X