If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hallmark movie "a Christmas Heart"

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallmark movie "a Christmas Heart"

Tonight on the Hallmark channel was a movie that showed an 18 yr. old boy collapsing playing basketball. Cause: HCM. Needed a transplant within the week or he would die. This all took place at the Cleaveland Clinic. Of course the drama was played out as the heart he was receiving came from Detroit in a blizzard and the plane landed in a field where all the family was waiting for news on this kid. It was a pretty sappy movie ( I love these Christmas movies). Also a few misconceptions, such as how rare HCM is and that he had a heart attack when he collapsed but at least HCM was mentioned.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Re: Hallmark movie "a Christmas Heart"

Boy this had a lot of things close to you Midge, Heart transplant, HCM, Snow, Christmas. When we are "near experts" we find the flaws. I can't read a menu without wanting to correct the typo's! At least HCM was mentioned. . . Hope this gets repeated during the season.
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

I'll watch for it. Maybe it will be on again later.
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

There was also the one with Minnie Driver & David Ducovney on recently - Where he learns the woman he recently began dating has his wife's heart.
        I can't believe this made it past the pitch meeting!
        Marc
        Diagnosed @ 48
        Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
        Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
        AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
        After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
        Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Is this the movie you're talking about, Midge? I'll have to try and catch it on the 12th. Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/thechristmasheart
          "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

That's the one
            Midge

ICD&Pacemaker 1996
            Mom of Kaye.

Comment

I love that movie- I believe it is called "Return to Me" but I did not know that it was about HCM- I didn't think it said anything about the cause of her transplant.

JudyA
              Dx Dec 2005 - HOCM with gradient of 80at rest, provokable to 150. Alcohol Ablation on Dec 22, 2005.
              Echos in April 2007 shows 0 gradient at rest, but gradient of 100 on provocation

Comment

Judy, this is a new movie it was a guy who got the heart. I know there are several especially this time of year
                Midge

ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X