If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chest Pain - What's HCM and what's not?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Chris_in_shed
Chris_in_shed
Contributor
Find out more about Chris_in_shed
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chest Pain - What's HCM and what's not?

Thanks everyone.

I'm feeling loads better today and as I have an appointment next week with my cardiologist I'll bring up everything then.
    In my 30's, Diag HCM Feb 08, ICD May 08, Myectomy June 30th 2011, Gene +ve, At the moment I'm taking... Verapamil 480mg (when I remember).

Comment

Re: Chest Pain - What's HCM and what's not?

Chest pain is my worst symptom and it get's so frustrating. If I'm home I just try to lay down and chill and eventually it goes away. Kinda has too eventually. But, if I'm out esp at work then immediately rushed to the ER although my last visit at one of Florida's famous hospitals was right up there with your doctor! I was working a Halloween Horror Night and had walked the length of the park to pick up my police officer (yeah HHN is so bad all security must have an officer with them at all times!). I got there and just stopped in my tracks, felt like my heart just stopped, according to co-workers I turned white as a ghost, was drenched in sweat, freezing, severe chest pain, and light-headedness. Our medics got there and my 02 was at 88% and the Ambulance was called. When we got to the hospital was when it got bad. I don't know if they didn't tell them that I was having chest pain or had a history of hcm with AICD and V-tach, but they promptly took me to the waiting room. I asked them if they were serious and they said "yeah". I sat there in excruciating pain for about twenty minutes had sweated through both shirts and was shivering. I went to the triage nurse and told her that I was really feeling ill. Her response " You should have come on an ambulance". I thought my AICD was going to fire right then I was soo mad which didn't help matters. I proceeded to tell her using some expletives my pastor would not condone that I did come in on an ambulance and was dumped in the waiting room. She went back to the back and within minutes they had me in a bed. I saw the nurse once to give me some pain meds and saw the PA not even a doctor once. Then an orderly came up and said "hop into the wheelchair I'm taking you to your room". What room? I implored. Oh, I guess you're being admitted. Why am I being admitted? Oh, I don't know ask the nurse when you get on your floor. On top of it all they last my security shirt which I now have to pay for!

So, I feel your pain with idiotic medical professionals. At times I swear I come out worse than when I went in if that is possible!

Mary S.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X