If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

low bp?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

blazinspirit 30 yrs old, diagnosed hcm in 1988, ICD implant 2001 & replaced 2005, AF,CHF Find out more about blazinspirit
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissyH
    replied
    Re: low bp?

Regarding trips to the bathroom...for you guys out there.....a helpful hint. Tony takes the urinal he's gotten from his many hospital stays to the bedroom with him. Our bedroom is located upstairs and bathroom is downstairs. He is on diuretics for CHF so this has saved him lots of steps and lost sleep as he is generally able to fall right back to sleep since he's not making the long trip to the toidy. I however still have to make the midnight pilgrimage.

-Missy

Leave a comment:

• Bucky
    replied

I hear that DAve. I drink more fluid and then I make the trip to the bathroom many times in the night....what a pain..

Doug

Leave a comment:

• cimdxb2
    replied

Low BP here as well. Increased the fluid intake. That helped. Created new problem though. Not sleeping very well because I get up two to three times in the night to go to the bathroom.....sigh...

Fix one thing, break another,

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

As this is often a common complaint for you and others. Have you tried taking your dose right before bedtime? I know when I started my Lisinopril a few weeks ago and increased the dose. I took it at bedtime and it helped minimize that effect. I know it is an ace inhibitor and it seems to make me lose fluid ( bad fluid) more efFectively .. I have had to REALLY increase my fluid intake as a consequence. Because of those dizzy sensations that can come on. When we HARP on fluid intake it is because it is REALLY important. See if it helps changing your time that you take it.....AND keep a bottle of water to drink at bedside every time you awaken.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Bucky
    replied

A question for all of you who suffer from Low BP. I also have low BP...90/60 typically, and this makes me dizzy when I stand up. When I take the HCM meds I get even dizzier than the AFLAC Goose when I stand up.

Have you found any of the HCM meds that help at all and don't make the orthostatic Hypotension even worse...

Please,,,,say yes....it's driving me batty......Quack, Quack.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Shelly
    replied

My bp has been low most of my life. I first noticed it when I was 16 going in for a dental treatment and they wouldn't do anything until I was checked out by my Dr. because of my bp. My bp did go up after my ICD was implanted in Oct. 06, but has been dropping again to 80's/50's at rest. I have not been able to take too many of the meds, because of the low bp. Has this been a problem for any of you?

Leave a comment:

• RRKamm
    replied

Yes, Low bp here, too. I've had 80/can't get a bottom number. Two different nurses tried with the same results. Both tried several times on both arms. The Doc finally was able to get one, but I don't remember what it was.

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

I too have a low BP acually it goes from 80/40s to 140/90 the doctor just shakes her head and said no wonder you get lightheaded alot and yes I get really tired when it happens

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Cynaburst
    replied

I also have problems with low bp. The lowest it has been measured is 50/30 after I gave birth, but it is regularly in the 80/50 range. It makes me feel weak and no energy. I try to drink water and watch hydration well to compensate.

Leave a comment:

• blazinspirit
    started a topic low bp?

low bp?

Is there many others of ya, that have problems with low blood pressure. I have been having trouble with that over the last year or two. When I have ended up in the hospital it has been hard on me, cause the last time I couldn't have anymore med's for pain or to slow my heart rate cause my bp was to low, like 70's/40's or 80's/50's at those times. That scares me.
Working...
X