If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have issues

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Pam Alexson single mother of 3 wonderful young adults;a special ed teacher, an RN and a senior accountant. Find out more about Pam Alexson
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angall
    replied
    Re: I have issues

Pam

Finally some good news. I will continue to include you all in my prayers.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Pam

That is great news all the way around you take care

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Thanks again and still going strong in NSR.

My cousin woke up from his coma and is now heading up the road of a lonnng recovery. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers .. he really did survive so far, miraculously!

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Debbie
    replied

Pam,

I've been "absent" for a while, so I didn't see the beginning of this thread.

I just wanted to tell you that I hope you're still in the right rhythm, and that you're feeling better. I'm sorry you've had such a tough time of it.

Best wishes,

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied

Pam,

I hope you are thoroughly enjoying the freedom! It is about time you could get a chance to enjoy all the ways that your life has improved this year.

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Blazinspirit,

Sounds like you have all the right people helping you. I hope it went well and you are back in NSR.

The plan is no big thing with me, no new ideas. If it comes back I will go to Boston and try Sotolol.

So far so good though. What a difference NSR makes in overall well being and feeling as far as functioning..

Pam

Leave a comment:

• blazinspirit
    replied

yes, I do go to the CCF too, I have seen Dr. Marrouch and now treated by Dr. Chou, he is the one who did my atrail ablation there, it didn't work and said when I am ready we can repeat the surgery and try again. If that fails then he will do the AV Node disconnect and I will be pacer dependant for the rest of my life. I also see Dr. Harry Lever there for the HCM.
    The doctors say I am very symtomatic and have all the problems that can come with Afib.
    I am dreading another surgery I had a Hugh hematoma on my neck the size of a foot ball last time and that was scary.
    I also have a awesome doctor here at home, I can honestly say that I do trust him with my life.
    Whats the plan for you?

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Blazinspirit,

Sorry you are also having a-fib issues. It is a troublesome problem for many with HCM.. Mine was actually a very low rate a-fib and for now no anti-arrythmics, I am back in NSR.. However Dr. Maron and I have a plan in place if it happens again. I do not wish to keep being cardioverted and do hope the plan will work.. It is something more to be concerned with when NSR will not stay. Good luck with your conversion.

Do you go to a specialty center for HCM, for the a-fib issues? like CCF? I really think that this is why I will go back to the specialty center if it happens again. I do not like being a guinea pig so to speak and no one knows our HCM hearts like the HCM docs and Ep's who work directly with them in team. My EP is good , just not an HCM EP.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• blazinspirit
    replied

Hey just wanted to say I am going thru this a fib exactly like yours. Sometimes my heart races so fast I can even talk or breath and the chest pain and pressure is awful, I have made soooooo many trips to the ER and had bunches of cardioversions, plus two shocks from my ICD. My heart rate jump around from 150- over 200 bpm easy.
    Tomorrow I am heading out for my 2nd cardioversion in the last 2 weeks.
    I am on verapamil, sotolol, and rythmol sr. and with that combo I am not reaaly getting by anymore.
    I have had 1 atrail ablation at ccf and they said they will try one more time and if that don't work, I will have a av node disconnect.
    I am sick, tired and dreading more surgery..
    I am looking to try TIKOSYN as last resort. I am not able to have amidrone because of thyroid problems when I was on it in the past.
    Let me know if you find anything that work for you.

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

Yay!!!

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Thanks all.

I have had a couple of Purrrrr's in my chest and it made me nervous but so far ...fingers and toes crossed-----NSR keep on.

Hugs to you all.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Midge Rollins
    replied

Pam, great news. Now we will continue praying for nsr.

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Pam

Great news girlfriend, now maybe things will start looking up for you for some time to come

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied

So good to read that you are doing much better. You are not allowed to post any more bad health news because you've had enough.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Pam - Great news! Linda

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X