If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Symptoms

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

debfro34 Find out more about debfro34
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donna B
    replied
    Unfortunately these message boards will be archived soon, so your best bet to get some guidance would be to contact the office for a planning session, and join the private facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/830709766982009/.

Leave a comment:

• debfro34
    started a topic New Symptoms

New Symptoms

Hi I hope someone can advise me. My husband has HCM. He had suffered from arrythmia for years but when our son died at 29 of heart failure it was discovered that my husband and my two remaining sons also had this. My husband was 42 when he first became ill and the hcm was diagnosed in 2014. He has been stable on the medication for the last few years. He is now 59. The last few weeks he has been very unwell, he can't walk far without getting breathless, he has pain in his legs and chest/solar plexus and is always tired. He is waiting for a doctors appointment but the hospital is way behind because of this blasted virus. My question is we were told his heart wall would not thicken anymore so what could this be? Should we be making a fuss an trying to see someone quicker? He also has autism and I am worried if he has to go to get test results alone in case as I suspect it will not be good news. What could it be? I only want suggestions I know he cannot be diagnosed on here. I want to be prepared. Sorry for long post. Thank you

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X