If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could i have hcm

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Ullose272 Find out more about Ullose272
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could i have hcm

Hello! Im wondering if you guys could give me you opinion, im a 34 year old male, i was just diagnosed with wolff parkinsons white syndrome and had an ablation about 4 weeks ago, i have my follow up with that this coming monday. Prior to my ablation i had an echo done, the nurse called and said everything looked ok, but when i got my results to give to the medical group on base (im air national guard) its showed a few things that concerned me, like LV concentric remodeling, mild septal wall thickening, and mild mitral valve thickening, the ejection fraction is 70%. So obviously i looked to google and first thing that comes up is HCM. And looking at the symptoms, it seems to me that maybe could have this. Mainly, the last couple years i have noticed being short of breath, like my normal breaths dont seem to full fill my need and require frequent deep breaths to catch up. It wasnt much at first but seems to have gotten worse. Now i didnt really think anything of this because i has shoulder surgury at the beginning of the year for an injury about a year ago, so i just figured i was getting out of shape because i i wasnt working as often or hard and then after shoulder surgury not at all. So do you think this is something i should bring up? My appointment on monday is a follow up to my wpw Ablation with my electrophysiologist .

Thanks for your time

Unfortunately these message boards will be archived soon, so your best bet to get some guidance would be to contact the office for a planning session, and join the private facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/830709766982009/.

Comment

Here is a page from our website on WPW Syndrome. https://www.4hcm.org/content.asp?contentid=356

If you have specific questions, before an HCM diagnosis, please contact the office, as the facebook group is for those confirmed with HCM

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X