If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stress test and MRI results

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Benba Find out more about Benba
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress test and MRI results

Hey, I am a 47 year old male . I am constantly out of breath, and have bouts of extreme fatigue at least one day a week and sometimes it last for a week or two. I have constant mild chest pain and bouts of sharp back behind heart area. I have normally blood blood pressure and my resting heart rate is anywhere from 70 to 110.
    nuclear stress test results are:
    1.fixed basal inferior wall and inferolateral wall defect with no wall motion abnormalities.
    2.Moderate LV enlargement with mild LV systolic dysfunction
    3.EF 52%
    4 nsr low voltage qrs, incomplete BBB

Two weeks later echo results summary
    1.mildly dilated LV
    2.mild global hypokinesis with mildly decreased LV systolic function.
    3. EF 50%
    4.concentric LV hypertrophy
    5.Trace mitral regurgitation
    6.mild tricuspid regurgitation with RSVP of 38
    7. Impaired LV relaxation.

One week after that, a different cardiologist did a heart cath and found no blockage and EF of 60 and he told me I didn't have a heart problem. This Dr never saw the stress test or the echo test only the reports. The stress test and echo was interpreted by a different cardiologist from a different hospitality than the one I had the cath at, also the cardiologist that interpreted the test also specializers in nuclear medicine. So I'm confused. With this information should I follow up with a different cardiologist are am I OK. Two of the three test showed abnormal. Could this be cardiomyopathy?

Were any of these tests conducted at a HCMA Recognized Center of Excellence? If not, you can probably start there and have an HCM knowledgeable doctor take you under their care. www.4hcm.org/coe, search by state

Comment

Hey Donna, thanks for the response. No they wasn't conducted at HCMA center as there isn't any located near where I live in Mississippi. That was kind of my question, if someone with hcm knowledge could look at the test results I posted and kind of guide me as to what I should do. I really don't want to keep chasing a ghost and spending $$ if someone else knowledgeable looks at these test results and doesn't see any red flags just as my local Dr did , on the other hand if someone does see something in the results that I should really be concerned about then I would definitely go to the nearest HCMA center ; which I think is in Atlanta.

Comment

Your best bet would be to call the office then and schedule a chat with Lisa and submit your tests to us (because we need more numbers than what your provided above) and she can help guide you. There is a 15 complimentary session or a more in depth 45 session for paid members. Best bet would be to call between 10-2 Eastern, Mon- Thurs

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X