If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad lead ....now what ?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MariaB 44. Happily married. 2 teenagers at home. Find out more about MariaB
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad lead ....now what ?

I went for my icd check (every six months) and the Tech said that one of my leads wasn't " juicing up " like she wanted. So she tweeked it and told me to come back in 3 months and I would see my EP in 6 months. I asked her what the deal may be and she said it could be a bad lead. soooo I googled St. Judes bad leads so I could get an idea of what to do next. It was flooded with Attorneys wanting to get more info about who had bad leads and that it was very common. Now Im worried !
    Also is it common for every single tech to "tweek" your ICD ? They do everytime Im in there. Of course it's a different Tech everytime. Even the Tech that came to turn me off for a colonoscopy "tweeked" it. wth ? Thanks in advance....
    mariab

Re: Bad lead ....now what ?

If you do have a bad lead it will be replaced. That doesn't mean they will necessarily take the old lead out, and in fact they probably won't. As far as the ICD technicians tweaking the lead, maybe someone else will answer that. My husband has the same tech most of the time and they almost never mess with his settings.
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hey Maria,

I have 2 techs that work for the cardiologist that have interrogated me for as long as I can remember. I did have a Medtronic guy do it one time himself. I have never ever heard them say they were going to tweek any settings. My EP is the one that does any changes. I personally would have a concern being told to wait 6 months to see my EP if they are questioning if a lead is going bad.

See ya next week.. we can discuss

J

Hope Sir Paul was great! ;-}

Comment

Hey Jules
        I called Dr Guptas office. I go see him Aug 25th. Sir Paul was fabulous ! What a show !!
        Hope to see you next week. Thank you my little HCM sista !
        mariab

Comment

Working...
        X