If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Beats

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

heather Find out more about heather
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Beats

Last night and starting again this afternoon, I have been having some irregular beats. I know I've problem had them before, but they are very noticible right now. It's like my heart is beating normal and thn it will pause, beat normal again, pause.......................I hope it stops. We leave for our cruise next week!
    Heather, 43, non-obstructive HCM, dx'd at age 14, AICD implanted 11-02, PVAI ablation done for a-fib and a-flutter 5-2010. 2nd PVAI done for a-flutter and a-tach 3-2014. 3rd PVAI for a-flutter June 2015, dr forgot to reset ICD settings and I went into vt and almost died, July 2015, July 2015-started tx work up, October 2015, put on list in Dallas and tx'd on November 14, 2015.

Re: Weird Beats

Hi, I too have experienced skipped beats, fluttery beats, and sometimes just out of sync beats. They are noticeable but happen occassionally for me. I mentioned it at my check-up because I was concerned; in my case it was just another symptom of HCM. The electrical part of my heart is in good shape. The Dr. is the one who knows you and your condition; give them a call and see what they have to say; it might bring some peace of mind.

Comment

well, it was better for awhile this afternoon, but now it seems to be back. Seems like when I'm busy I don't notice them but when I sit down and lay down, they are very obvious. What are the odd of them leading to AF...........that's my biggest fear! I've almost gone a year w/out it and don't want it back now, esp before we leave for vacation!
      Heather, 43, non-obstructive HCM, dx'd at age 14, AICD implanted 11-02, PVAI ablation done for a-fib and a-flutter 5-2010. 2nd PVAI done for a-flutter and a-tach 3-2014. 3rd PVAI for a-flutter June 2015, dr forgot to reset ICD settings and I went into vt and almost died, July 2015, July 2015-started tx work up, October 2015, put on list in Dallas and tx'd on November 14, 2015.

Comment

Hi, I know for me it usually happens when I'm not active. I have experienced it when I'm feeling stressed. Maybe being anxious about vacation? Hope all goes well.

Comment

yes i agree, being anxious could very well be the problem its happened to me also . and its part of the hcm . relax and have a great cruise!!

Comment

Thanks guys! Feeling better today!

Comment

Yes, Heather, Enjoy Your Cruise!!!!
              Mer

Diagnosed 09/2009 @51 yrs old- HCOM
              Myectomy 2/17/2011
              Son & Daughter no findings as of yet (echos)
              No family history determined yet -- 1 sister, 2 brothers & extended family.

Comment

I vote for the next HCMA meeting to be on a cruise! That would be fun! We could get a group discount!

Comment

I second that motion!!!!! a cruise would be great

Comment

Working...
                  X