If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 1, 2008 message from Lisa

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June 1, 2008 message from Lisa

Lisa,

I went through Hospice with my mother in her final days, three years ago this week. They can help an unbearable situation be almost bearable, sometimes even special. You and your family will be in my prayers. Thanks for all you did this weekend, especially since your dad was this ill.

( ( ( ( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

JudyA
    Dx Dec 2005 - HOCM with gradient of 80at rest, provokable to 150. Alcohol Ablation on Dec 22, 2005.
    Echos in April 2007 shows 0 gradient at rest, but gradient of 100 on provocation

Comment

June 3, 2008

we got through the Golf outting yesterday - Hospice came out before the outing and formally admitted him into the service - we opted to discontinue dialysis so Friday was his last treatment. All meds were stopped last night with the exception of pain meds.

At about 8:30pm last night after the outing the Rockaway Twp - Hibernia Co 1 First Aid Squad came to transport dad from his home to mine. Just about every memeber of the company came to help - they lined up outside the house and each said hello to him as he passed - there were a great many tears as he was loaded into the rig that he had so many times helped others into and the same one that came to take him home from Cleveland.

Last night I sat with him in a chair next to the bed in our home - he did not sleep much and the pain started to kick in - so we upped the pain meds. He is having trouble with finding the right words - but for many minutes in a row he finds a few and repeats them over and over - Thank you Thank you Thank you was his favorite last night.

I can not put words on the feeling I have for the Company 1 - there are just none that fit the caring , love and respect that were shown to my father and my family. That same feeling and lack of works is how I felt all weekend at the meeting and the golf outing - the support the HCMA community, neighbors, sponsors and volunteers have give is what is getting us through the days -

to quote my dad - Thank you Thank you Thank you

With a broken heart-
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

My heart is breaking for you. Thank you to you and Adam for having him in your home to be comfortable these last few days.
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Lisa,
          I'm thinking of you and your dad.

Gordon
          Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

May you all be blessed with added faith and strength, may the love that is all around the globe being sent to you now,surround you and carry you all through as you make this final journey with your dad, Larry.

Love and much peace, Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Lisa,

I hope you can feel our love and concern for you and your family. We are praying for you all to have the strength you need at this time. Your giving spirit and the support you have given this community only makes us wish we could do more for you at this time. Just know that many of us are praying for you and your family and would do anything to help or lend support in any way.

Sending my prayers and blessings.
              Shelly
              Choose to laugh instead of cry...it's prettier!
              Remember...
              You always have the option to change.

Diagnosed 1994 with no family history
              AICD 10/06
              Mayo Clinic Myectomy 11/07 Joe Dearani

Comment

Dearest Lisa,

My thoughts are with your dad.

Be well to all,

Janet
                Believe in the goodness of mankind.

Comment

Lisa,

Your dad, you and your family have my most sincere thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

You are so generous with your time for the HCMA, and then time for your dad and family, too. Your spirit is amazing.

Debbie

Comment

Dear Lisa,

My heart (sorry) goes out to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts.

S

Comment

Dear Lisa,

I hope you and all of your family can draw strength and comfort from each other at this very painful and sad time.

Take care,

Paul
                      Age 38, dad of two young children, dx 1996, myectomy March 2005, a-fib issues, due for ICD soon.

Comment

Lisa,

Keep up the faith. We are senting you prays and love. As your Dad's words Thank you. Tell him Thank You, Thank You for have a special and caring daughter as you. What you have done for the HCM is the best.
                        Joe Del

Diagnosed @ age 45 with HCM June 2004; ICD Implant: September 2004. Fifteen years prior was tested and told had an anxiety attack. Second ICD implanted May 5, 2009 with adding second lead.

My biggest part is the depression and now on disability.

Tested positive for HCM gene and all three children are negative.

Husband and father of three children: Son 18 and two daughters 13 and 7.

Comment

HI Lisa,
                          I am sorry to hear about your father's poor health. Please know that I will be thinking of you during this challenging time.
                          Thanks for all you do for this group.
                          Sara
                          son, Ben, age 11, diagnosed with HCM 02/2007

Comment

Dad was peaceful all day - the local minister came by and offered final prayers, the funeral director was here and we have made final arrangements, and lastly tonight at 7pm the Rockaway Twp fire and first aid department awarded my father with a plaque for 50 years of service. Dad is basicly in a coma now - he is comfortable.
                            It was a hard day - knowing we have the support of friends, family and our extended HCMA family means the world.

Lisa
                            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                            Currently not obstructed
                            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lisa,

I'm so sorry. You know that my whispered prayers are right there with you and your family throughout the days and nights.

Peace to you, friend,
                              Theresa
                              Philippians 4:4-9; Wife, & 39 yo Mom to 9 year old son and 6 year old son/daughter twins; Diagnosed with HoCM 1999; Cleveland Clinic Myectomy and ICD, January 2006.

Comment

Lisa and family,

You are in my prayers. I know how difficult this process is, and the many emotions it evokes. May memories of your dad and his life give you strength.

-Missy
                                Husband diagnosed w/IHSS 1975 (age 18), Myectomy 6/12/86 (29), Myectomy w/mitral leaflet trim 6/14/90 (33), Mitral Valve replaced 8/91 (34), Pacemaker 11/9/00 (43), Atrial Ablation-unsuccessful ?10/02, Atrial Ablation-successful ?2/03, CHF 6/07, CRT-D implanted 10/15/07 (50). We're just keepin' on keepin' on.

Comment

Working...
                                X