If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walk for Sarah

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk for Sarah

I am off to Texas today to walk for Sarah! My daughter will be joining me and at last count a few days ago so will about 800++ other people! What a wonderful statement about a community, a family and the heart of Texas. Ya know we always joke that "everything is big in Texas" But I think they are right

I am honored to be part of this event and even if you can not be there take a moment on Saturday to think of Sarah - to think of all those without the benefit of knowledge of HCM- and to think of the difference we all can make together!

Best wishes,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Sending our best - to Texas! Have a great trip. This is a generous and wonderful way for Sarah's family to honor her. Linda

Comment

Lisa

Have fun and walk for me too, I wish i could be there

Shirley
      Diagnosed 2003
      Myectomy 2-23-2004
      Husband: Ken
      Son: John diagnosed 2004
      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

I have arrived in Texas and my goodness I am so very impressed with this community! There are signs everywhere "walk for Sarah", the newspapers, the TV News, it is everywhere!!!

The woman at the hotel checkin knew all about the event and was excited about it.

It is estimated that there are 1000 walker/runners already signed up and there maybe as many as 500-800 walk-ins in the morning.

They really do do everything BIG in TEXAS!

I will report more after the event!

God Bless Sarah!

Peace to all,
        Lisa

Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa

That is so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004

Comment

What a great tribute to Sarah! So glad you and Becca are there to see and experience it all .

Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

With a big threat of thunderstorms - it was a shakey start this morning... But the sun came out - the people came in droves and over 1200 people walked/ran for Sarah - and for all of you!!

It was a wonderful day in Texas and we have so many people to thank that I will have to write an entire article to make sure I get them all in!

But I wanted to give you all a quick update and tell you all what a WONDERFUL Day this was for all of us...and to let you know that our little guardian angel Sarah sent wonderful weather and lots of love to Texas today.

To Laura, Luther, Reesa, Kate, Kat, Nancy, Michael, all the volunteers all the kids and the ENTIRE community - THANK YOU ALL you touched my heart!

Peace to all,
              Lisa

Currently not obstructed

Comment

Lisa, What a wonderful report! I'm sure it meant the world to Sarah's family to see such a show of support. To have you and Becca with them had to be very special also. Sarah was very special, indeed. Linda

Comment

Now that is just so wonderful, I bet Sarah is looking down on us smiling, thank you very much The Big State of Texas, you really do have big HEARTS

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004

Comment

Working...
                  X