If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow your heart

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Jim,
    You are such a brat :P

(but I still love ya!)
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied
    Originally posted by Lisa Salberg
    Today - I took the first step in changing my life. After 17 years as an HR manager for a wonderful company - I spoke to the owners about only being a consultant thereby allowing me more time to work on the HCMA and more time to take care of my family and myself.

I have followed my heart and it leads me to all of you. I look forward to building the HCMA, getting you all involved in the process and helping more families with HCM.
    Lisa,

I guess it's okay if you spend more time around here. I don't personally have a problem with it anyway. Does this mean that you'll be paying closer attention to MY needs now?? Huh??

Enjoy your weekend.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Paul,
    Thank you - your kind words do mean a great deal. I wish you well in your recovery.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• progers
    replied
    I too am amazed that Lisa has been able to do a full time job and keep the HCMA not only up and running, but such an amazing support group. Well done Lisa! And well done to everyone else out there who contributes to this great group. I don't know what I would do without it, especially now that I'm going through such a rough recovery from my myectomy. I am deeply grateful to Lisa and to many other HCMers who have given me support and advice.

Paul
    ---------------
    Myectomy two weeks ago

Leave a comment:

• liona
    replied
    Lisa,

I am shocked! Shocked that you've been managing to hold down a full-time job plus doing all you do for us!

I trust that the wonderful company will continue to be just as wonderful and cooperate with you on a consulting basis!

See you in June!

Caroline Paulson

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied
    you all are making me . It has always been a part of me to help people. THese past couple of years a lot of people have helped me when I really needed it and the least I can do is help someone else. I've been known to give someone my last dollar if they've needed it more than I did.

But, I think we should all take Lisa's advice to heart and follow it.

mary S.

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied
    Lisa:
    It's great that you'll have more time to concentrate on your family (immediate and HCMers). You must have been on the verge of burn out.
    For at least one day, put your feet up and take it easy. That's all we'll give you.....lol

Mary:
    I was very young and didn't have a penny to spare when I gave birth to my daughter. One day my husband and I went to the store for milk for our little girl. We asked if we could get it on credit until Friday, payday. The owner of the store refused. I can imagine how grateful the people you helped were...I was in their situation and know of the feeling of needing and not having. Yes, there should be more people like you on earth. May God bless you for your good deed.

Leave a comment:

• Abbygirl2
    replied
    Lisa,
    It is incredible the difference one person can make in your life. We are so lucky to have you to guide us. How great for your family to be able to have more of you too. Best wishes to you.

Mary, what a kind thing you have done, you probably made a huge impact on that couples' lives. They obviously appreciated it. Good work. The world needs more people like you.

Take care and have a great day all.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied
    Mary

That was a great thing to do i have done that a time or two in my own life, well lets just say as a young Navy wife with your husband at sea somrtimes you need help when your child is sick, so i always said if i could repay that i would and i have gotten that chance

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Mary,

That was a very kind gesture and it was the right thing to do - your good deed will come back to you 10 fold - they always do!

To the rest,

Thank you for your words of support. It may not be easy -- but it will be rewarding.

Peace,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied
    OK folks,
    Lisa has made a Giant step toward helping us even more then she has in the past. How about those of us who are able, please pay your annual dues to the HCMA, and if you can - kick in a few extra bucks besides. I’d be willing to bet the man upstairs will be cognoscente of everything you can do. Wouldn’t that be a great way to show Lisa just how much she means to us all?

By the way, I didn’t see any comments on this, but I think Mary’s act should be appreciated by all of us. If you have read this board you know how hard pressed she has been, and what she has been through, and now that she at long last has an income again she uses a portion of that to help another in distress. That trait runs deep in Mary – as it does in Lisa, and it is people like them and acts like that that give me so much hope for the future.

There are those among us who make the whole world a worth while place.
    Burt

Leave a comment:

• Donna
    replied
    Lisa, I think you are a very brave person. It can be hard to cut that string and give up the safety of a 9 to 5.

Just think of all the things you will beable to do with your family. And the stuff that you can get done at the HCMA. You are my insperation and I hope
    you have a great time with your new life.

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Inman
    replied
    Lisa,

What a big move--sometimes it is scary when you get to that "moment of truth" even though you know it is what you want to do, that moment when you actually act on it and make it fact. I wish you the very best.

If you can increase the effect of the HCMA and the number of people you reach, more power to you. Obviously, every one of us feels you have greatly affected our lives for the good and we are so very appreciative.

Me, I'm set to see Dr. Ommen in Rochester on March 31 and am so glad that I can have this level of evaluation. I didn't even know these clinics existed before literally "stumbling" upon the HCMA while doing a Google search for more info after being told I should get an ICD. A post at another site led me to try a Google search based on "hypertrophic cardiomyopathy" and "support group" thinking there was no chance in the world it would yield anything--instead I found you and the forum. My fortunate day.

Good luck, I hope it works out well to continue your HR work consulting as much as you wish to,
    Lisa I.

Leave a comment:

• Toogoofy317
    replied
    Lisa, You Rock!

I thought about your message today and I acted upon it too. Not anywhere to the aspect you did but I think it made a small difference.

Today I was standing in line at Walgreens to get another round of meds $15 bucks for six pills! Well, there was a couple ahead of me who had no insurance who had an expensive prescription they were searching everywhere for the money but just didn't have enough to get it. I think it was like a dollar or so. It made me think if it were my heart meds and I couldn't get it the devastating effects it would have on me. So, I said don't worry I'll cover the rest. The look on their faces were in complete shock. They said "that they couldn't believe someone would help them out esp, just a kid"

I know it wasn't much but I think it was the right thing to do.

Mary S.

Leave a comment:

• michael obrien
    replied
    Lisa when do we find out?mike

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X