If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website maintainance Sept. 16-19th

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website maintainance Sept. 16-19th

Please be advised that the site will be undergoing some maintainance. We will actually be moving the site to a new server - YOU will not see any difference once the change is complete - but during the change we will be down for a few hours.

This change is needed based upon the down time we have had from our current provider.

The NEW chat room should be ready next week! We will announce the data very soon!

Take care,
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Re: Website maintainance Sept. 16-19th UPDATE

If you are reading this message then you are looking at the 4HCM.org site on the new server. I moved the database at 8:00 am this morning and requested a change be made to the domain DNS. Unfortunately, it can take 24-48 hours for this change to be completed across the internet. Therefore, not everyone will have access to this board right away - it may take a few days before everyone's access has been restored.

Additionally, any email sent to 4HCM.org (i.e. Lisa, Kelly, support, etc) may not be received right away either as the mail servers need to be updated with this same rerouting information which again may take a few days to complete.

Thanks, Tim
    Thanks, Tim
    Forum Administrator

Comment

Re: Website maintainance Sept. 16-19th

Good morning!

If you're like me and read Tim's posting about his work on the website and are wondering, "what does this mean to me?" and/or "do I know or want to know about a domain DNS?" I thought I would try to translate from 'geek-ease to normal person' terms.

Tim has worked on the website this morning around 8am EDT to move it over to a new provider/server. Until the changes/updates are completed, not everyone will be able to access the message board; it may be a few days before everyone can reach the board. Additionally, this will impact any email sent to 4HCM.org (i.e. Lisa, Kelly, support, etc.).

Please be patient and we'll all be together again soon!
      Thanks,

Lynn
      A.K.A. The tech geek's wife (can you *imagine* what it's like living with him??? )
      Lynn Stewart
      HOCM 4/2002
      Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Nice job Tim... everything seems to be working great. I even tried out the new chat link. Of course it's closed right now, but i'm used to chatting with myself anyway.

Jim
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hey. I'm in. Good job Tim.
          Leon
          God Squad co-moderator
          Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Hey ,
            I got in too. Thanks Tim, looks good. Hey Lynn It must be the name Tim. My son also named TIm is a huge computer geek and I don't know what I would do without him or his computer knowledge.
            Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Well, lookee here,
              It appears that for some strange reason that is beyond my comprehension, I have a copy of the new site. Love the way you set up the chatroom entry and counter.

Well, maybe not – first it says ‘welcome’, and then it says ‘closed’. (I’ve been thrown out of better places then this!) To be fair, I guess I should give you the balance of the week-end – but when was I ever fair?

Serial-less-lee, I think you’ve done masterly so far. Will you be posting the time and who (doctor) will be hosting the ‘Doctor Exchange’ – ‘Doctor’s Hour,’ – ‘Medical Forum,’ ‘HCM on the Air,’ or whatever you wish to call it? It would be great if we could get that info in advance, and it would allow for some flexibility if one doctor would prefer a different time then another.

If the postings for that period could be posted for a month – and then excerpted for a look-up file, (to quote my father) it would be the ‘cat’s whiskers.’ (Or is it the cat’s pajamas?) - - - They really did talk that way. (Strange how colloquialism’s sound a century later.)

Anyway, 23 skidoo,
              Burt

Comment

Burton,

23 skidoo?

WHAT are you drinking today, dood? You need to be sharing it, whatever it is.

Now be polite and pass the bottle, buddy!

Jim
                "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hi all!

The chat room will get running next week! We still have some things to take care of = mostly ME learning HOW to use the mgt tools and such!

TIM --- THANK YOU for your skills, time and commitment to the HCMA!!
                  Lynn - give the guy a big HUG for me!!

Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Great job, Tim! I didn't even miss the site because the latest hurricane knocked out my internet till late last night. I'll be forever reading all the posts since I was last on.

Lisa and Tim, thanks for all the work on the chat room. I know that's been quite a job too, and you just make it look like it magically appears. Linda

Comment

For some reason, I'm not getting the inline pictures for all the buttons on the site.

This is the respons I get when requesting a pic directly (basically 403):

HTTP_REFERER: (none)

REMOTE_ADDR: 62.163.211.140

REQUEST_URI: /images/nav_message_on.gif

HTTP_HOST: www.4hcm.org

HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)

REDIRECT_STATUS: 403

Redirect having something to do with pop-up blockers or anything else?

I resolve www.4hcm.org as IP address 209.59.159.190 (should be the correct one). Anything wrong my side?

Gr. Ad.
                      \"Hope is disappointment postponed\"

Dx in 2004, first symptoms 20 years ago? Obstructed, A-fib, family history!

Combined Morrow and (left atrial) Maze procedures & PVI at St. Antonius Hospital, Netherlands, March 28, 2013.

Meds (past) propranolol, metoprolol, disopyramide, sotalol, amiodaron, aspirin, dabigatran, acenocoumarol.

Meds (current) sotalol, dabigatran, furosemide.

Comment

Same here, but something someone wrote made me think that everyone has the same problem, but maybe I am wrong.
                        Rhoda

Comment

Hi everyone,

Tim will look into this and reply back w/ info, etc. Thanks for bringing up the problem w/ all the details!

Lynn

P.S. He'd work on it right now but he's vacumming the floor at the moment...a little 'honey do' work first...
                          Lynn Stewart
                          HOCM 4/2002
                          Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Tim and Lynn,
                            I have some more info about this problem. I think that there is some incompatibility between my network security and this new site. I cannot see anyone's pic except Burt's, nor any buttons. The reason I suspect network security is that a couple of days ago I viewed this on Ed's computer and all was normal. He has a different version of Norton that he got from the university here, whereas I got mine from Norton directly. We often find that there are differences in what can pass and what cannot. If you can find out what is blocking these from coming through, I can probably turn that feature off.

Whatever the problem is, it has only occurred since we went to the new server for this board. Before that I had no problem.

Thanks for working on this!
                            Rhoda

Comment

Tim

I have Norton on my system also and get the same thing, if i turn Norton off everything works so i believe it is Norton also

Shirley
                              Diagnosed 2003
                              Myectomy 2-23-2004
                              Husband: Ken
                              Son: John diagnosed 2004
                              Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X