If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCM COE in Denver?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Redteamer Find out more about Redteamer
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCM COE in Denver?

Hi all. Been off the net a while. Possibility I'll be retiring in the near future to our home in Colorado Springs. The last time I was on this forum (a while ago I'll admit), I thought there was an HCM COE listed up in Denver under the leadership of a Dr. Salcedo. It no longer appears here, but they do appear to remain in business up in Denver according to my internet research. Can anyone say why it has dropped off the HCMA list? Or was it my imagination that it was on there to begin with?
    Joel

Born 1955 in USA, DX'd w/HCM 1996, in United Kingdom
    2011, 2013, 2014 ablations for Afib and flutter in UK, INOVA Fairfax, VA, and Johns Hopkins
    June 2014 DX HOCM at Johns Hopkins
    October 2014 Myectomy and Cryomaze at Mayo Clinic

You know, I have not looked at the COE list since Lisa revised the website....Ididn't realize that University of Colorado was removed. If I were you I would call Lisa and ask her directly. I live in Denver and here is the little bit I know. My understanding from a few clients that have spoken up is that they really liked Dr. Salcedo as a medical manager of their HCM. Problems arose or should I say confusion arose when People were familiar with AHA guideline recommendations for myectomy as "gold standard" in symptomatic obstructive patients when meds stopped working.....and Dr Salcedo would recommend alcohol ablation. He himself being the cardiologist that does the alcohol ablation.....I distinctly remember One person from this forum, who lives in Denver: This person had a 3 cm septum and was still given a recommendation by Dr.S. to have an alcohol ablation. After due diligence, the person did not follow that recommendation and had a myectomy at Cleveland Clinic. Sooooo it may be that having a bias toward Alcohol ablation and not having a strong surgical program, they lost a place on the COE list.
    That being said,Dr.S does know HCM, and since you already had surgery and are looking for med management his clinic may be a very viable choice for you.
    I belong to an HMO in Denver, so I just chose a really good cardiologist in the group and he is very open to my being pro-active,plus, Mayo is always there for me as a back up. I went back to Mayo for a one year check up last July....and it was still as great as I remember.
    Last edited by JillC; 03-24-2016, 11:29 PM.
    After years of symptoms:
    Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
    Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
    Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
    At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

Many thanks Jill.
      Joel

Born 1955 in USA, DX'd w/HCM 1996, in United Kingdom
      2011, 2013, 2014 ablations for Afib and flutter in UK, INOVA Fairfax, VA, and Johns Hopkins
      June 2014 DX HOCM at Johns Hopkins
      October 2014 Myectomy and Cryomaze at Mayo Clinic

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X