If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleveland Clinic Mar 2 - ???

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

carolinaviking Diagnosed with HOCM in 2001 Asymptomatic until 2012 - BP started dropping during exercise onset - nearly fainting Nov 2014 - Initial onset of a-fib w/RVR and it is now a regular companion Amiodarone 200 mg twice/day Metoprolol 50 mg twice/day Xarelto 20 mg Find out more about carolinaviking
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleveland Clinic Mar 2 - ???

Best of luck to all of you headed to or already in Cleveland this coming week..... Darlene, Dave, Snowflake....
    After years of symptoms:
    Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
    Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
    Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
    At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

What a group. Sounds like riot in Cell Block #5! Good luck to all y'all and watch out for that Polar Vortex nonsense.
      Angus Campbell
      Golden Isles Region, Southeast Georgia, USA

Dx'd HOCM at St Luke's Roosevelt, New York City, 2005
      Myectomy Jan 9th 2014 at Cleveland Clinic
      Drs Lever and Smedira

Comment

Yep, tomorrow begins the poking and prodding for Carolina Viking. I just wait around with the huge binder of paperwork and imagibg, and crochet stuff. I have the easy part.

Comment

Glad you both made it there safely. I hope the weather is OK. It's snowing here in central PA. We will get to our hotel tomorrow night but not go to J building until Tuesday.

There will be another HCMA member there, too, but he doesn't post much on the forums. I've been talking with him through private messages. If I recall correctly (my memory is fuzzy) he's going there today to get checked in. He's having surgery the same day I am. We could have a little "Big Hearts" party!!!! We'll have to get a picture of all of us to share.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, not a specialsnowflake & carolinaviking!
          At least 5 years of symptoms.
          07/24/14: Age 45, diagnosed with HCM w/ obstruction.
          09/30/14: Tested at Cleveland Clinic (Ohio).
          January 2015: Approved for surgery.
          03/05/15: Pending myectomy & possible mitral valve replacement at Cleveland Clinic

Comment

Best to the entire bunch of you.....see ya on the other side of all of this.

Comment

Working...
            X