If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At the Cleveland Clinic Big Day tomorrow

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Colorado213 Wife to husband diagnosed with "a severe case of HOCM" according to Dr. Salcedo at University Colorado Med Hospital HCM Center March to June 2014 I'm the main researcher and planner, so here I am! Mother to 3 young boys who will be tested in the coming months as soon as we get daddy situated. Find out more about Colorado213
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At the Cleveland Clinic Big Day tomorrow

We just told from an aid about a nurse from Texas who flew to Cleveland to visit family, then flew back to Texas on a Frontier flight and now has Ebola. We've been ignoring the news and especially Ebola, but this may be a little too close to us than I like. I had already prepared to bring masks and antibacterial wipes and use them constantly already (per suggestion here). Ugh, this is something I did not ever think we'd need to worry about... Ebola?? Crazy.
    Justin suggested renting a car and driving but I don't know. That seems a tad extreme as it would take us several days to get home.
    Megan, wife to Husband, Justin with HOCM
    Husband diagnosed at 37 when taken to ER due to CHF on vacation in San Diego at Pomerado Hospital, March 2014
    Seeing Dr. Salcedo in UC Med Hospital Denver upon diagnosis
    AICD/Pacemaker July 2014 @ UC Med Hospital, Denver with Dr. Nguyen
    Myectomy at Cleveland Clinic October 2014 with Dr. Smedira
    Parents to 3 boys, 11, 8, and 6 all currently clear from recent echos

Comment

Released from the hospital! Feels great, he says.
      Megan, wife to Husband, Justin with HOCM
      Husband diagnosed at 37 when taken to ER due to CHF on vacation in San Diego at Pomerado Hospital, March 2014
      Seeing Dr. Salcedo in UC Med Hospital Denver upon diagnosis
      AICD/Pacemaker July 2014 @ UC Med Hospital, Denver with Dr. Nguyen
      Myectomy at Cleveland Clinic October 2014 with Dr. Smedira
      Parents to 3 boys, 11, 8, and 6 all currently clear from recent echos

Comment

Justin you look FAB! Hold on to that pillow, works well under shoulder strap seat belts as well as for coughing, sneezing and laughing. I just gave my heart pillow away to Goodwill a few weeks ago. Have afew days rest, come home safe.... And watch out for the altitude effect when you get here. You are a hero! And so is your wife. God Bless
        After years of symptoms:
        Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
        Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
        Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
        At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

I just logged on to check your updates. So glad to hear (and see!!!) that Justin is doing well and was released. Wooo-hooo!!! Hopefully your hotel has a nice outside area/patio/plaza/picnic area so that you both can enjoy some time outside in the fresh air while he continues to recover.
          At least 5 years of symptoms.
          07/24/14: Age 45, diagnosed with HCM w/ obstruction.
          09/30/14: Tested at Cleveland Clinic (Ohio).
          January 2015: Approved for surgery.
          03/05/15: Pending myectomy & possible mitral valve replacement at Cleveland Clinic

Comment

Yaaaaay! Nice to be in your own clothes, eh? And how 'bout that shower? Have a safe trip home. You guys are awesome.
            Angus Campbell
            Golden Isles Region, Southeast Georgia, USA

Dx'd HOCM at St Luke's Roosevelt, New York City, 2005
            Myectomy Jan 9th 2014 at Cleveland Clinic
            Drs Lever and Smedira

Comment

Justin - here's something they don't tell you after surgery - How To Stop A Sneeze.
              I'm sure other can relate to this one. If you sense one coming on, Pinch your upper lip with your thumb and index finger - just below the nostrils. Pinch till you hurt. its a lot less pain than a sneeze! Glad you on this side of the equation. Continued success !
              Marc
              Diagnosed @ 48
              Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
              Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
              AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
              After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
              Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

And you can stop hiccups with peanut butter.
                Angus Campbell
                Golden Isles Region, Southeast Georgia, USA

Dx'd HOCM at St Luke's Roosevelt, New York City, 2005
                Myectomy Jan 9th 2014 at Cleveland Clinic
                Drs Lever and Smedira

Comment

So nice to hear you guys are heading home!
                  Cardiologist Testing: Early September, 2014
                  HCM COE Testing: Late September, 2014
                  HOCM diagnosed by Dr Marcos Hazday
                  AICD implanted: Oct 7th, 2014

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X