If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trip to Mayo/Rochester

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

JillC RN for over 40 years, MS degree in Respiratory Nursing, Worked surgical open-heart ICU for 18 years in Chicago.. After years of symptoms finally diagnosed with HOCM in 2006. I retired from nursing 2012 due to HCM and had septal myectomy at Local hospital 2013, Redo myectomy Mayo Clinic 2014. Now doing well. Find out more about JillC
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Mayo/Rochester

I'm headed for Minnesota Saturday 7/19, with appointments 7/21 and 7/22 and surgery 7/23. If anyone is headed there around the same time, let me know. Maybe we can meet up.
    Jill
    After years of symptoms:
    Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
    Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
    Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
    At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Re: Trip to Mayo/Rochester

Wishing you the best Jill!
    Daughter of Father with HCM
    Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
    Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
    ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
    Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Do take the time (if possible) to see all that mayo has to offer. Museum, Docent led art tours, and hang by a piano for a song or two - you never know who's playing!
      Marc
      Diagnosed @ 48
      Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
      Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
      AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
      After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
      Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions....I have read all the literature Mayo sent and hope to catch a glimpse at some art work in between tests and doctors visits...I will also relay info to my daughter who is coming in the evening before surgery. Being a meditator/Buddhist/theosophist ...I was intrigued by the number of places they offer to sit and reflect: The patient Quiet Lounge, The Center for the Spirit, and The Peace Garden to name a few, not to mention the denominational chapels......Very interesting place.
        After years of symptoms:

Comment

Mayo was today named the top hospital in the U.S. Hooray!
          Daughter of Father with HCM
          Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
          Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
          ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
          Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

The top hospital in the US and the Head of their Department of Cardiovascular Surgery ---GuessI can't ask for too much more!
            After years of symptoms:

Comment

Hi Jill,
              Glad you're finally making the trip!

Gordon
              Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment