If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband admitted to cleveland

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

HCMfamily I'm a southern girl, a pastor's wife, a mom, and a freelance writer. My father-in-law and husband have both been diagnosed with HCM and we are awaiting tests on my children. Find out more about HCMfamily
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Husband admitted to cleveland

Exhale. Smile.
    Thanks for the update - Great news!
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

FANTASTIC

So glad you are both feeling better.

Comment

Great news. Keep us posted.
        Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
        Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
        ICD 10/08

Comment

I'm really glad to hear it. Here's hoping for a smooth recovery.

Gordon
          Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

So glad to see your update - best wishes for a rapid and uncomplicated recovery!

Linda

Comment

Thanks again to everyone for their support. Josh is doing great. He is out of the hospital and we've been staying at a hotel on campus for a couple of days just to be safe. We're flying home tomorrow. I've been truly amazed at how quickly he has bounced back! Apart from spiking a fever one night and requiring a second round of antibiotics, he has really done awesome. He's only taking one pain pill at night before bed and says he can feel a difference already in how well he can breathe. On the post-op echo, his obstruction was gone, gradient gone, and septum decreased from 26 to 16. Wow!

One word to those with upcoming myectomies... don't be discouraged if pain meds make you feel crazy. Keep asking for something different until you find one you can tolerate. Josh tried percocet and vicodin and couldn't handle either one. But thankfully, Ultram is working like a dream for him!

Comment

That's great to hear! I hated the pain meds too -- by the time I left the hospital, I was only taking Tylenol.

Gordon
                Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X