If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Countdown to Clevland Clinic

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Philipk02 An when it comes to the body politic, I dislike politician's that are liars and hypocritical. The Second Amendment should be a carry permit AND THE FIRST AMENDMENT PRIME. Find out more about Philipk02
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countdown to Clevland Clinic

We are now at t-minus 7 Hours 20 Minutes and a few seconds from me leaving home, and t-minus another 30 plus hours before I get to see the docs in clevland clinic. Allot of running though my mind, thoughts racing and fears flowing. What should i expect? What answers will the HCM specalist bring me regarding this one bad magic carpet ride. My idiot room mate put my meds in a bag as he was cleaning and threw it away. So, i have a feeling I am going to wind up in the ER. For god sakes i hope not.

Phil

Re: Countdown to Clevland Clinic

Call the pharmacy if there is time in NY, and explain what happened. I expect they will get you what you need. Take a slow deep breath. You are almost there. There is a pharmacy at the Clinic, across the street in the building that is also a parking garage. If you are staying at the guesthouse, it is a stones throw away. You can go there and explain what happened. They can call your local pharmacy to get the meds/doses you are on.
    Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
    Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
    ICD 10/08

Comment

I agree with Linda, contact the pharmacy-you need those meds.

I understand your fear-it is normal, but it surely is not easy to deal with.
      Sister diagnosed with HCM 1987, died April 2012 of "unknown causes" as her family did not want autopsy
      My testing: 1987 and 1988 misdiagnosed with mitral valve prolapse
      Asthma diagnosis 1991
      Nephew diagnosed with HCM 1999
      Previous misdiagnosis "confirmed" 1999
      Cardiac arrest: 10/4/2010
      Induced hypothermic coma 10/4/2010
      ICD implanted 10/13/2010

Comment

or if you get your scripts from rite aid they are right behind the guest house on the right side at the intersection now

Comment

Done.. Will write and let everyone know what happened once i settle down.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X