If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Family Heart Institute Cleavland Clinic 11/07-11/08-11/09

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Philipk02 An when it comes to the body politic, I dislike politician's that are liars and hypocritical. The Second Amendment should be a carry permit AND THE FIRST AMENDMENT PRIME. Find out more about Philipk02
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Family Heart Institute Cleavland Clinic 11/07-11/08-11/09

I am going for my first appointment at the cleavland clinic for a work up for my HCM. I will be staying at the guest house.

Re: Miller Family Heart Institute Cleavland Clinic 11/07-11/08-11/09

I was at The Cleveland Clinic last Monday for tests. My wife and I drove up from NC on Saturday. We stayed at the Doubletree Hilton downtown which is 4 miles away from the clinic. We walked to the Rock & Roll Hall of fame on Sunday, and took in a show in the Theater district that night. My first echo was at 7:30 on Monday. Had tests all day with an echo stress test being last. We met Dr. Desai for the first time and really liked him. He had already looked at my test results from NC Baptist and was just confirming I need Papillary Muscle Reorientation surgery. I am waiting for the surgeon to call me to set the date. I was very impressed with the Clinic. Good Luck with your tests.

Comment

Thank you. Why don't they admit as inpatient. It would make it so much more affordable for us.

Comment

I agree. They were so efficient moving you from one test to the next one and the doctor had the results of each test immediately.

Comment

Wow, they must have translation done with the records.

Comment

Philip, these tests are all considered outpatient studies for determining diagnosis and plan of care. Insurance will not pay for people to be inpatient for testing in this day and age.
            Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
            ICD&Pacemaker 1996
            Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
            Mom of Kaye.

Comment

And just to add to Midge's comment: they don't charge less for those things for inpatients. And they'd charge you for the room too.

Gordon
              Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Exactly, thanks for clarifying Gordon.
                Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X